Trans Troube (again)

Noid93

Got a reman T2130 trans in my 97 CH. In late October last year I swapped my trans (and clutch) out due to a fierce rumble when I got above 65 mph(and louder at faster speeds unloaded, while maintain or lightly accelerating). The noise was not constant but it went from quiet/no noise to loud and faded away to nothing about every 1-2 seconds. After finding all the metal filings and chunks of bearing(No BS) in the bottom, I opted it was time to put a trans in b4 I wrecked a $3K core, even if I was down 3 days during my busiest grain season. This noise I thought would go away with the new trans, but could still hear this noise. It was and still is about 25% as loud as the trans I took out. It has that pitted bearing noise. My trans did not make this noise 2 years ago. The reman company did not have one rebuilt waiting on the shelf but had a core that needed to be rebuild. I asked if they could have it done 2 days later or i was going to have to buy it from a competitor. They said no problem, we'll have done by then. I’m not saying that they missed something but is it plausible that a job rushed can have more chance for error?

The work that has been done when i took it in for warranty is as follows.....

all u joints inspected or replaced

first drive shaft and slip shaft inspected, repaired, and balanced including hanger brg

checked for metal in diffs-none (rear rear- new 1 year ago)

Intermediate shaft checked out

They think they may have traced it to the difference in tire height. They took my intermediate shaft off and locked the diff and drove it and the noise went away but any ch or cl owner knows the loud buzzer that goes off the whole time your diff lock is on that could have covered the noise. The tread is new on the rears and 65% on the front driver(LP 24.5). I read a post on here at one time about having to put all your higher tread tires on one side vs to the back on Mack axles. I have an air lock power divide if that makes a difference. Imp not sure if the work they did today with the int. shaft and u joints is going to help or not.

Any ideas b4 we pull the trans. Imp 75% sure that it is the trans(why would it be quieter but still there after a trans swap) but i am hoping to track down or eliminate all other possibilities quickly so i don’t lose any more loads during down time.....

Thanks

CURT

Reply here or email or call even to get more info....

Noid93@hotmail.com

715-495-9383 - Anytime

There Is No Replacement, For Displacement!!!!!