9-5 blink code on 400 ac aset

I'm getting a 9-5 blink code. I checked the ohms when it was 10 degrees Celsius and it was almost at the correct reading of 59500. I think I got 62500. I also hard wired the sensor connection. What else could cause the code to come on. Dealership says to bring it in but I don't wanna spend an arm and leg on it. Seems like my power has been reduced as well since the code came up

• 4 weeks later...

Some info about that fault:

Failure Mode Identifier (FMI): 0 (Valid High), 3 (Voltage High), 4 (Voltage Low), 5 (Current Low/Open), 2 (Data Intermittent)

Parameter Identification (PID): 270

Message Identification (MID): 128

Circuit Description: The Compressor Discharge Temperature (CDT) Sensor is a thermistor. The resistance of the CDT Sensor changes inversely to the temperature of the air in the intake system. When the intake air is cold, the sensor resistance is high. As the temperature of the air increases, the sensor resistance decreases. The Engine Electronic Control Unit (EECU) monitors the voltage drop across the CDT Sensor and uses this signal to protect the turbocharger and engine from overboost conditions.

Location: The Compressor Discharge Temperature (CDT) Sensor is located at the right side of the engine, in the air intake pipe between the turbocharger and the charge air cooler.

Code Setting Conditions: The Electronic Malfunction Lamp (EML) will turn on and code 9-5 will set with FMI 3 when the Engine Electronic Control Unit (EECU) senses the CDT Sensor signal voltage is greater than 4.8 volts for 2 seconds. The EML will turn on and code 9-5 will set with FMI 4 when the EECU senses the CDT Sensor signal voltage is less than 0.15 volts for 2 seconds. If the CDT Sensor voltage returns to between 0.15 volts and 4.8 volts for more than 2 seconds, the fault will become inactive. When the engine returns to ambient temperature after being shut down at normal operating temperature and the key is turned to the ON position (engine not running), the Intake Manifold Temperature (IMT) Sensor, the Aftercooler Outlet Temperature (AOT) Sensor, and the Compressor Discharge Temperature (CDT) Sensor should all indicate the same temperature. Under these conditions, the EML will turn on and code 9-5 will set with FMI 2 if the CDT Sensor signal indicates a temperature that is NOT within 15°F of the average of the three sensors.

note-20.gif

FMI 2 is only available with EECU version 1MS378 software. Additionally, code 9-5 will only appear as an active fault when the engine is NOT running.

note-20.gif

FMI 5 is only available with EECU version 1MS368 software. The EML will turn on and code 9-5 will set with FMI 5 when the EECU senses the CDT Sensor signal voltage is between 4.55 volts and 4.8 volts, and the inlet air temperature is above 110°F. Additionally, FMI 5 will only appear as an active fault when the engine is running.

Normal CDT Sensor Parameters: The Compressor Discharge Temperature (CDT) Sensor has a resistance between 59,500 ohms at 50°F (10°C) and 3,500 ohms at 180°F (82°C).

Additional Symptoms: Power is reduced to 90% when code 9-5 is active. At sea level, the power reduction begins when the Compressor Discharge Temperature exceeds 430°F (221°C) until only 60% is available at 500°F (260°C). Above 5000 feet (1524 meters), the power reduction begins when the Compressor Discharge Temperature exceeds 450°F (232°C) until only 80% is available at 500°F (260°C).

• 4 months later...

If wiring and sensor are good. Wipe a small amount of grease on air filter housing and close hood. Don't slam hood just set it down and set latches. Open the hood and see if seal is pressing up against hood. If not adjust air filter housing to make a good seal. If there is not a good seal your engine will be taking in hot air from around you motor not cool air from outside hood.