Endt675 Oil Leak

r600

my endt675 has an oil leak on the fuel pump side seems to be from the side cover bolted to the block .is this common?maybe its got to much :( crank case pressure?? :(

Those gaskets seem to get very hard and brittle. They never get looked at so theyve probably been on there since day dot. Mack dont make a gasket they list a tube of silastic as the part number. Gleemans(PAI) list a gasket. If there was too much crankcase pressure the front and rear seals would probably let go first. Thats what happened to our F model. Also we had a battle trying to keep tappet cover gaskets in it. Does it use oil? It could be your compressor blowing past the rings

Those gaskets seem to get very hard and brittle. They never get looked at so theyve probably been on there since day dot. Mack dont make a gasket they list a tube of silastic as the part number. Gleemans(PAI) list a gasket. If there was too much crankcase pressure the front and rear seals would probably let go first. Thats what happened to our F model. Also we had a battle trying to keep tappet cover gaskets in it. Does it use oil? It could be your compressor blowing past the rings

hey skip,what's the best to use the silastic or the gasket form gleemans i have been getting heaps of stuff from gleemans so that not a drama.does it use oil????havent driven it only off the step deck i put it up with and straight into my shed.have you got that other f-model yet??did it come from mack newcastle???there has been one there for over 12 months???thanks adrian

hey skip,what's the best to use the silastic or the gasket form gleemans i have been getting heaps of stuff from gleemans so that not a drama.does it use oil????havent driven it only off the step deck i put it up with and straight into my shed.have you got that other f-model yet??did it come from mack newcastle???there has been one there for over 12 months???thanks adrian

How are you Adrian? I used the gaskets with a light smear of blue silastic on both sides. Too much silastic will push the gasket out and try to split it. Id just fix the leaks and run it and go from there. It may have had a blocked breather at some stage. The crankcase pressure would have to be pretty severe to blow out that gasket. There is a clamp on a bolt for a water hose as well, it may have been loose or removed at some stage. Havent picked her up yet. It did come from mack newcastle originally but that was probably over 12 months ago. A mate of Dads in Albury bought it to restore it but recently passed away so Dad wound up with it. I think I know the truck you're talking about, 237 6spd? It looks very neat and the motor has been done up in their shop but old mate wanted 25 grand for it. Its still only an F model with a 237. I dont think he had too much idea he tried to tell me it had a quad box in it. Theres a truck show in Melbourne next week at Sandown. Have you heard of it? Mostly good old gear there

How are you Adrian? I used the gaskets with a light smear of blue silastic on both sides. Too much silastic will push the gasket out and try to split it. Id just fix the leaks and run it and go from there. It may have had a blocked breather at some stage. The crankcase pressure would have to be pretty severe to blow out that gasket. There is a clamp on a bolt for a water hose as well, it may have been loose or removed at some stage. Havent picked her up yet. It did come from mack newcastle originally but that was probably over 12 months ago. A mate of Dads in Albury bought it to restore it but recently passed away so Dad wound up with it. I think I know the truck you're talking about, 237 6spd? It looks very neat and the motor has been done up in their shop but old mate wanted 25 grand for it. Its still only an F model with a 237. I dont think he had too much idea he tried to tell me it had a quad box in it. Theres a truck show in Melbourne next week at Sandown. Have you heard of it? Mostly good old gear there

thanks skip i'll use the gasket and check the other things you have talked about.i was over at mack last week and the f-model was parked over at the workshop and the next day it wasnt there???maybe sold 25 grand that big money.the show i havent heard about if you get any pictures i like to see,thanks again skip ,adrian