trailer parking brake

rmodelowner

I took my 76 r model a test drive yesterday started leaking out air near all the parking dash knobs when i apply the foot brake:( Messing around i figured out if i push the red trailer supply knob in everything works absolutely perfect:) Im still learning so a point in the right direction would be appreciated. like i said im still learning but im figuring the dash knob needs replaced or theres a valve under the truck clogged. Is it possible the farmer who owned it before hooked up the knob backwards? its a gravel truck i think it used to be a oil field water truck. there is a set of glad hands under the truck and it used to have pintle hitch. LIke i said if i keep it pushed in it all works perfect but seems to me thats backwards seeing as i have no trailer. its got the yellow red and blue knob. also when i park i pull the yellow if i pull the blue it leaks a little. wasn't worried about that but maybe related? other than that everythings great taking it for a safety next week hopefully all my work will pay off and the old girl can be a work truck once again and start paying me back!