Mack Engine Blocks

harryb

:mack1: I was taliking to a former senior executive of Volvo Trucks and we were discussing B model Macks. He made a comment that he recalled hearing that during the 1950's and 1960's that Mack had it's engine blocks made in Europe. This sounds like a real back hander from a Volvo man. So that I can be informed when I next see him, does any member know which company actually made/cast the Mack diesel engine blocks for the 673, 711 and V 8 - 864 series. Did Mack make the blocks or did Mack have another company make the blocks. If it was another company what was this company's name and where was it located.

Interesting that Mack did not make the B model cabs, these wre made by the Chicago Manufacturing Company which also made the comfo vision cabs for the International Harvester trucks during the 1950's and 1960's. I found that the door locks on the B model and the R model inter are the same parts.