Door Panels

I would like to know,how to remove the metal panels on the doors of my DM. I can figure out the whole screw thing,my question is in reguards to the door latch and the window crank system.It appears that the mechenisms for these two are also screwed to the metal panel.Or are the just screwed to the panel for added support? I guess I could figure this out by trial and error,but I'm sure somebody here can fill me in on what to expect. I'm taking this apart for preventive maintainace,oil things up and make them work smoother.Thanks Joe

Remove the door lock cylinder by pulling the retainer clip toward the edge of the door. Remove the three screws securing the latch assembly. Roll the window all the way down. Remove the screws around the outside edge of the panel. The panel, along with the window regulator, door latch mechanism will all come out together. Don't get rough with it. On reassembly, loosen the two screws securing the latch to the panel, Tighten these two last, after you have the panel and latch reinstalled. After the first one, you will then be an expert. Put enough lube on the regulator teeth, latch, and contact points at the bottom of the window. Don't get sloppy, dust and grease together will make a fine grinding compound. Be sure to get some grease where the outside door release rod contacts the latch. Good luck, James

• 4 weeks later...