L Model Door Repairs

Hi,

I recently acquired my first Mack, a model 125LS sedan cab. (For those new to Macks, like me, you can see what this model looks like in my gallery). It was sitting in a farmers field for 16 years and the doors are rusted solid. I am attempting to rebuild them. I've got three doors to open now and their windows to work, but not very well. What is the proper procedure to access and remove the door internals? Someone told me to just remove the outer edge sheet metal screws and everything would just fall in your hands. Well, I tried but the channels that hold the window glass on one side and the window/wind wing on the other keeps the glass and therefore the door internals from fully coming out. Also, how does one remove the inside door handle and window handle? Does anyone have an L model shop service manual they can scan and email me the sections covering the door disassembly and re-assembly?

Also, any suggestions on on how to get that last door to open? It's rusted solid and I'm afraid if I pull too hard on the outside handle, something will break. And the inside door handle does nothing at all.

Are there any places that specialize in the repair or restoration of doors?

Fortunately the door skins have some kind of undercoating on the inside so they have not rusted much, but the mechanisms inside the doors are very rusted.

Also, both passenger side doors need a key to open the door, but not the driver side doors. Can I obtain keyed door handles for the driver side doors too from somewhere?

I know, lots of questions, but I'm learning. Thank you for any help you can offer, it is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks again.

Steve

Edited by mackattack