deep reduction

csbice35

79 mack r686 how does deep reduction work i have an air lever on the dash all i can read on the tag is last part of a word that ends in aine lock to the right and unlock to the left,i know just enough to be dangerous the air shifter on the stick reads from left to right L.D.N.R. when im loaded pulling out of the hole i use low one but it just seems there should be something lower just recently read something about deep reducyion any help is appreciated thanks guys

it is a dump truck, what does a power divider do? the transmission is a five speed pattern with a high and low in each gear but like i said it just seems there should be a lower gear coming out of the hole loaded thanks

My truck has a 12 speed, and the tag under the deep reduction switch reads "only use with Main in 1st" I'm thinking your truck has a 12 speed to, 5 speed pattern that you can split each gear, for ten, then you put the shifter in 1st and flip the switch on the dash (it will lock the transmission in first) and you have 2 more gears lower then 1st, one with the button in low and one with the button in direct for a total of 12. Make sure the truck is stopped when you flip the swith to go into Lo Lo.-and when you take it out.

As far as the power divider goes, it locks all 4 rear wheels in for extra traction off road, it will be on a seperate switch. Mine is on top of the dash, your truck may have an automatic power divider, the 78 mack I drove years ago did not have a switch on the dash, but i was told the power divider was automatic, kind like a limited slip differential. A good rule of thumb is if you have to use the power divider to get there, you probably shouldnt be there. Its best used if you back into a soft spot to dump the load and the truck gets stuck trying to get out, again the truck should be stopped before you lock the power divider. (if your truck has a switch)

• Like 1