Diagnostic software

IHfarmboy

Hi all, Im new to this forum.

My dad just bought our 3rd Mack and we would like to get diagnostic software so we can work on them. We have a 04 Vision, 01 CH, and a 98 CH. Is there any software that will work on all three trucks and what kind of data cable will I need? I have looked around the internet and sent some emails asking what trucks they will work on, but they only say they work on some Macks but not sure which ones.

You can get any generic diagnostic reader for heavy duty engines (many on the net) and you can read diagnostic fault codes with them but I guess your Vision already displays diagnostic messages on the dash. A Prolink (www.nexiq.com) can read fault codes, run component and engine tests and also gives you the ability to program the vehicle and engine computers on VMAC III chassis (program chassis pre-november 2003). You can find a used Prolink 9000 on ebay or buy one of the new Graphiq units.

Software modules are sold individually per OEM manufacturer or application. You would be needing the VMAC III step 8 software. It comes on a pcmcia card that also fits into another cartridge adapter that nexiq sells. You can test (engine brake test, chassis dyno, cylinder balance, cylinder cut-out e.t.c) and reprogram (road speed, engine shutdown parameters, PTO options e.t.c) anything from 1998 but you cannot reprogram chassis built after I think November 3 2003, you can only test on those chassis. To reprogram your '04 Vision you might need to get the VCADS or PTT software and adapters from a Mack dealer. Search ebay, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

I found this one on ebay, its a vcads, but it doesnt say what model Macks it works on. http://www.ebay.com/itm/320871202478?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=320871202478&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtr

Do you know if it will work on all of our trucks? And do I still have to get the software for it? Our 04 and the 01 have the same Renualt engine except the 04 has EGR.

Seen..never used VCAD before, only prolink but I think that looks like a complete unit (Data link/Signal converter, 6/9 pin Deutsch cable, RS232 cable and software on CD). If it's what it's advertised as, yes It should work for all your ETECH chassis including programming your '04 Vision. You have to connect it to a PC though, I think it also has a USB cable so you can use it on a laptop too.

No, at least not the customer version of VCADS. The dealer version of the software can be used to download horsepower upgrades and injector maps but not the customer version.

aAre you sure? because my dealer cannot upgrade horsepower on my motor e-tech! ... he said than was mack who sending the software for upgrade (350 to 460)

HIGH TORQUE INJECTORS 20%