Is This A Mack T84?

mrbill

I have what I believe is an early T84 transmission. From what I understand, they were used in '37-40 Mack 2M4A (along with some Studebaker and Nash). I'm posting here to see if anybody recognizes this transmission or the markings on it. The trapezoidal logo is on the right hand (passenger) side of the transmission. It is also on the front main drive gear bearing retainer along with the number 7050. There is a drain plug and fill plug on the left hand (driver) side. I'm restoring a WWII jeep and the case looks like an early version of the T84J that I have. If it were WWII vintage I would expect it to have either Ford or Willys markings on it, though. There is no casting date on the rectangular boss or any other markings that I can see. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Bill

post-8032-0-09039600-1299359368_thumb.jp

post-8032-0-42497700-1299359460_thumb.jp

I have what I believe is an early T84 transmission. From what I understand, they were used in '37-40 Mack 2M4A (along with some Studebaker and Nash). I'm posting here to see if anybody recognizes this transmission or the markings on it. The trapezoidal logo is on the right hand (passenger) side of the transmission. It is also on the front main drive gear bearing retainer along with the number 7050. There is a drain plug and fill plug on the left hand (driver) side. I'm restoring a WWII jeep and the case looks like an early version of the T84J that I have. If it were WWII vintage I would expect it to have either Ford or Willys markings on it, though. There is no casting date on the rectangular boss or any other markings that I can see. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Bill

If someone here does not recognize this, redirect your inquiry to Atlanta Gear and Axel 404 691 7662. Someone there can probably identify it.