1963 C-85 707 Cam Specs

v8steel

I'm looking for the cam specifications for a 1963 Mack C-85 with the 707 Gas Engine. Considering an electronic fuel injection conversion and will need that information.

Anybody done this before?

Anybody have any comments?

Looking for any information that might help to decide if this is wise or not.

Thanks, Bill

Bill,

I have not seen any one add electronic fuel injestion to a 707, however I have seen new dual carbs added that were much more efficient than the original zenith carb. I think they added dual carb weber set up. It also had a new aluminum manifold, reminded me of an old offenhauser six cylinder carb conversion.

I think the fuel injection would work, and wonder if you could use some of the Mack diesel fuel injection pump assembly (modified for proper amount of fuel delvery) on the gas 707.

Firemack

Bill,

I have not seen any one add electronic fuel injestion to a 707, however I have seen new dual carbs added that were much more efficient than the original zenith carb. I think they added dual carb weber set up. It also had a new aluminum manifold, reminded me of an old offenhauser six cylinder carb conversion.

I think the fuel injection would work, and wonder if you could use some of the Mack diesel fuel injection pump assembly (modified for proper amount of fuel delvery) on the gas 707.

Firemack

Firemack,

I will keep that in mind. Even if the EFI becomes reality, I may go with dual throttle body injection and try to keep it looking old school similar to the old offenhauser six cylinder carb conversions you mention. My objective is to let some computer decide just how much fuel supply to keep the beast happy and to maximize fuel usage; --- and of course, to be able to say I did an EFI converion on a 707 CI gas engine. It may remain just a dream for some time. I wonder what other comments I might get??? Thanks for your info. It's greatly appreciated.

- Bill

Bill

You might be able to use 2 GM 350 EFI carbs connected, as that would fuel for 700 cubic inches and be very close to the 707 CI. Never seen that done but might be a way to get a fairly accurate fuel delivery to the 707. I know the 464 CI engine in the B75F gets 1.0 MPG around town and up to 5.5mpg downhill highway.

Have you run the 707 yet?

Firemack

• 11 years later...
On 3/4/2011 at 7:10 PM, Firemack said:

Bill

You might be able to use 2 GM 350 EFI carbs connected, as that would fuel for 700 cubic inches and be very close to the 707 CI. Never seen that done but might be a way to get a fairly accurate fuel delivery to the 707. I know the 464 CI engine in the B75F gets 1.0 MPG around town and up to 5.5mpg downhill highway.

Have you run the 707 yet?

Firemack

I did run the 707 a couple of months ago 3 or 4 times at about 20 to 30 seconds per time.  I had to use a temporary fuel source since the original fuel tank needs cleaning and the Zenith carb needs some attention, too.  The starting and  ignition systems work fine.  I just need to get the fuel system issues worked out.