B 95 Drive Shaft

Allison

Guys I’m trying to drop the drive shaft on my B 95 Fire engine. I’m having some trouble because I’m used to u joints and this truck has circular flange joints instead of u bolt joints.

I took the bolts out and the caps are one SOB to get off. Needless to say i got one off so far and the bearing cap is still inside. Question: how do I get the bearings out without totally messing them up, and secondly the cap that bolted on over the bearings seemed to snap a piece in the middle almost like that cap was attached to the bearing cap?? Not sure but when I removed the bolted cap it snapped off from the bearing cap. Can anyone give me some direction??

Thanks

Allison

Guys I’m trying to drop the drive shaft on my B 95 Fire engine. I’m having some trouble because I’m used to u joints and this truck has circular flange joints instead of u bolt joints.

I took the bolts out and the caps are one SOB to get off. Needless to say i got one off so far and the bearing cap is still inside. Question: how do I get the bearings out without totally messing them up, and secondly the cap that bolted on over the bearings seemed to snap a piece in the middle almost like that cap was attached to the bearing cap?? Not sure but when I removed the bolted cap it snapped off from the bearing cap. Can anyone give me some direction??

Thanks

Allison

You need new u-joints if the tops broke off of the bearing caps. If you can get a heavy duty u-joint press that's the easiest way. Lots of P B'Laster helps.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"