1998 Ch600 Engine Brake

I just started driving a 1998 ch600 with a mack 6 cylinder engine equipped with a two stage engine brake. I believe it is a actual Jacobs engine brake and not a Mack brake the way it behaves. The engine brake would sound like it was missing at higher rpms but would work properly at around 1700 and below. The problem however has gotten worse and it now sometimes doesnt work until below 1600 or even lower. Yesterday when I turned the brake on it did'nt come on at all. I was going down a pretty good size hill so I slowed down using the air brakes and dropped one gear and then was at 1800 rpms and the brake kicked in but was still missing. Almost every truck I have driven since 1979 has had a engine brake but when I told the owner about the problem he said, "dont worry about it, you dont know what you "f"ing talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I just started driving a 1998 ch600 with a mack 6 cylinder engine equipped with a two stage engine brake. I believe it is a actual Jacobs engine brake and not a Mack brake the way it behaves. The engine brake would sound like it was missing at higher rpms but would work properly at around 1700 and below. The problem however has gotten worse and it now sometimes doesnt work until below 1600 or even lower. Yesterday when I turned the brake on it did'nt come on at all. I was going down a pretty good size hill so I slowed down using the air brakes and dropped one gear and then was at 1800 rpms and the brake kicked in but was still missing. Almost every truck I have driven since 1979 has had a engine brake but when I told the owner about the problem he said, "dont worry about it, you dont know what you "f"ing talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Is it an E-Tech (with 6 individual fuel pumps) or an E-7 (with a single inline fuel pump)?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"