Aset Ac355/80 C-Egr Diesel Issue In Africa

can anyone advise if there were any special diesel requirement for a a 2004 AC355/80 Aset w/CEGR. would these units have any problems in a country like ghana africa where the diesel is still old style? i have been told conflicting info. mack one-call says it is fine, another dealer told me the CEGR system in africa will eat away the radiator water/acid and engine will seize in a few months. We are looking to buy a few of these to send over there. any help would be much appreciated.

can anyone advise if there were any special diesel requirement for a a 2004 AC355/80 Aset w/CEGR. would these units have any problems in a country like ghana africa where the diesel is still old style? i have been told conflicting info. mack one-call says it is fine, another dealer told me the CEGR system in africa will eat away the radiator water/acid and engine will seize in a few months. We are looking to buy a few of these to send over there. any help would be much appreciated.

The engine is compatible with low sulfur diesel fuel. My concern would be parts availability in Africa. Until the introduction of the MP sseries engine, the official Mack Export engine was the E-tech CCRS engine.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

The engine is compatible with low sulfur diesel fuel. My concern would be parts availability in Africa. Until the introduction of the MP sseries engine, the official Mack Export engine was the E-tech CCRS engine.

parts would go with the truck, the problem is the diesel in africa is not low sulphur, it is is like .5%ppm. i think ultra low now is .o5% i am looking at 15 trucks and have 15 months to complete the project, so cannot afford breakdowns. what do you think about the cegr, radiator issue?

parts would go with the truck, the problem is the diesel in africa is not low sulphur, it is is like .5%ppm. i think ultra low now is .o5% i am looking at 15 trucks and have 15 months to complete the project, so cannot afford breakdowns. what do you think about the cegr, radiator issue?

I don't exactly understand what the were telling you the EGR system would do to the radiator. If the EGR cooler cracks internally it will cause problems with the cooling system that will result in a breakdown, and eventually, will cause major engine damage in much the same way that a hole in the oil pan will cause problems with the lubrication system and eventually will cause the crank to seize. I don't know that there currently is major problem with cracked EGR coolers on these engines, but there have been some issues in the past. However, if you cannot afford any breakdowns this is not the engine to be looking at purchasing, especially on the scale that you talk about. The ASET AC engine is a highway spec. engine that was not designed for use in off road/vocational situations. The CCRS engine was the export engine during production of the ASET engine lineup for a reason. You will have to weigh the benefits and costs of these engines against what you pay for them as well as what it will take to keep them running in a situation they were not designed for before coming to a decision on them. I am curious as to what Mack Trucks says about taking these truck to Africa. They built the trucks, I would assume they would have the information to tell you whether or not they would be safe to use there.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"