Update To A/c Trouble With 99 Ch613

pulled the panel off to access the squirrel cage fan and the coils. first thing i noticed was a plastic insulator from a wire that had been melted off. it came off a ground wire from the cage fan. then i noticed a plug that had been poorly bypassed with a split wire and eletrical tape. i am assuming the ground wire got hot and it was next to the plug so it got the electrical tape hot and it came loose, then the wire vibrated out and the plug was no longer bypasses. i re bypassed the plug and i had fire back to the clutch and low pressure switch. i added another ground wire and it seemed to help with the ground wire getting hot!! glad to have it fixed for now.

what causes a ground wire to over heat??

thanks for your help

pulled the panel off to access the squirrel cage fan and the coils. first thing i noticed was a plastic insulator from a wire that had been melted off. it came off a ground wire from the cage fan. then i noticed a plug that had been poorly bypassed with a split wire and eletrical tape. i am assuming the ground wire got hot and it was next to the plug so it got the electrical tape hot and it came loose, then the wire vibrated out and the plug was no longer bypasses. i re bypassed the plug and i had fire back to the clutch and low pressure switch. i added another ground wire and it seemed to help with the ground wire getting hot!! glad to have it fixed for now.

what causes a ground wire to over heat??

thanks for your help

Glad you got it working. There are a number of things that could cause your wiring to overheat. Loose connections at a ground will cause this to happen because it increase the resistance in the circuit.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"