Uk Trucker

Paul Barbe

Hi there, my name is Paul, I'm in the UK, married, 45 years old and no ties.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'll ask anyway and hope someone out there can help.

I'm interested in relocating to Canada from the UK as I understand there is a good market for OTR drivers and, to be honest, both my wife and I quite fancy living in Canada. Who wouldn't? :)

I've had many years multi-axle semi experience, throughout all of Europe, with no moving violations or accidents for over 10 years and no criminal record at all.

My question is whether there is a reciprocal licence agreement between the UK and Canada (i.e. will my UK HGV Class 1 (C+E) licence be valid in Canada)? Have done a bit of a search on the net, which is where I came across this site.

Anyone any ideas or can you point me at somewhere where I might find an answer?

Cheers

Paul :thumb:

Hi there, my name is Paul, I'm in the UK, married, 45 years old and no ties.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'll ask anyway and hope someone out there can help.

I'm interested in relocating to Canada from the UK as I understand there is a good market for OTR drivers and, to be honest, both my wife and I quite fancy living in Canada. Who wouldn't? :)

I've had many years multi-axle semi experience, throughout all of Europe, with no moving violations or accidents for over 10 years and no criminal record at all.

My question is whether there is a reciprocal licence agreement between the UK and Canada (i.e. will my UK HGV Class 1 (C+E) licence be valid in Canada)? Have done a bit of a search on the net, which is where I came across this site.

Anyone any ideas or can you point me at somewhere where I might find an answer?

Cheers

Paul :thumb:

You will need to Retest in Ontario for sure probably every where.Trucknews magazine has aweb site that should help.Try Bison Transport or H&R Transport .There was an article awhile ago about one of them hiring UK drivers.I f I were you I would go west to the prairies.Carriers from there are advertising for drivers here in Ontario .

Pete