1952 Mack Bus C-45 DT 5612 Having a problem with spicer 2 speed trany Model # T 9184 Serial # T 4375 This has a direct drive. The piston on the

torque converter piston is jammed and we are looking for knowledgeable help. Bus takes over 1/2 to warm up before she even wants to move. HELP !!

• 10 months later...

1952 Mack Bus C-45 DT 5612 Having a problem with spicer 2 speed trany Model # T 9184 Serial # T 4375 This has a direct drive. The piston on the

torque converter piston is jammed and we are looking for knowledgeable help. Bus takes over 1/2 to warm up before she even wants to move. HELP !!

Used to be the engineer on the Dana Spicer 184 from 1968-1975.. You have two models prior, the Model 918, and I no longer have any service manuals--would like to locate one. A slight chance I may be able to help. Have worked on a few Model 183's & many 184's, the successor models. Southern Coach, Dotham, AL might have a manual & parts if they are still around. Am very interested in old Mack buses & fire trucks as I used to call on Mack for fire automatics & export buses, but none of the bus deals ever happened. Mack stopped building buses in 1960. Most of my time involved Flxible & Flyer bus automatics. Parts/ info might be available through Richard Cushman Associates in Michigan. I'm Garritorr@yahoo.com, but yahoo is down right now & i am ill, so inconsistant on replies--good luck.