1972 Cf600 Info

dtcohen

Hi guys, this is my first post so bear with me.

Long story short I have a fourwheeler that I am trying to get rid of and I got an interesting email asking if I would trade it for a fire truck. The truck is a 1972 Mack cf600 pumper with a 750 gallon tank. It has a turbo charged straight 6 diesel and a five speed transmission with about 35,000 miles on it.

I don't really know a lot about old mack trucks or fire trucks, and I haven't really been able to find out a lot about these trucks.

My main question is what is a truck like this worth? Is there any market for these trucks?

I attached a picture of the truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

post-5042-12586077421709_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, this is my first post so bear with me.

Long story short I have a fourwheeler that I am trying to get rid of and I got an interesting email asking if I would trade it for a fire truck. The truck is a 1972 Mack cf600 pumper with a 750 gallon tank. It has a turbo charged straight 6 diesel and a five speed transmission with about 35,000 miles on it.

I don't really know a lot about old mack trucks or fire trucks, and I haven't really been able to find out a lot about these trucks.

My main question is what is a truck like this worth? Is there any market for these trucks?

I attached a picture of the truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel,

To get an accurate value of the truck, you need to ask a lot of questions. What is the condition of the trucks motor, transmission, fire pump, suspension and steering, booster tank, body, clutch, etc, etc, etc. I purchased a 1972 CF600 Mack with everything in working order and no major mechanical problems for $3,600. I may be interested in this truck if you are not if you would provide me with the contact information.

Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Kenny Lane

From what the guy has told me the truck is in pretty good shape over all. He said the pumps needed seals, but that was about it. I don't think there is anything really wrong with the truck. It still has all the lights on it, and the air horns, and the siren is still on it but doesnt work anymore (he said it used to)

I am going to look at the truck next week, is there anything in particular I should look for?

and how hard is it to get parts for these trucks?