B Model Aux Trans

I dont have a factory fitted aux trans but a four speed spicer aux, trouble is that it would be very hard to get any photos showing linkages in any detail, as they are hidden under cab, hopefully someone else will have pics of transmission's set up during a restoration and prior to cab being mounted. sorry i cant offer any great insight. good luck.

Guest 45LMSWM

I have (2) B-80 series trucks that both came from the factory with 5 speed Mack mains and 3-speed Spicer/Brown-Lipe 8031C auxilliary transmissions. One truck still has them installed, but the other has had a quad box put in. The aux. mounting brackets are still in the second truck, which is good because I have a 5-speed and 8031C to put back in it. The quad will just never hold up to the 335 Cummins under the hood.

I don't know if this will help, considering its in a B-80 chassis, but let me know and I will get you some pics/measurements if you like. I also have an L-model with the Mack 5/B-L 3 set up and I think the shift linkages are pretty close. I have these parts out and in the shop so they would be easy to photograph for you if they are close.

Mack also built LTs and B70 series trucks with 5x2 Duplex transmissions and B-L 8031Cs behind them from the factory. Seen this a few times. Kickin' set-up with three sticks in the cab.

John

John,

Any pics you have would be great to see. If I am reading the info correctly that

I received from the Mack museum, the B61 that I have came with a duplex and a 8031. The auxilliary box has been removed, but I would like to get one back in to it.

Vance

Edited by Ossablt