New Guy Checking In, Dist Identification Needed

TBone69

Hello everyone,

While cleaning out the garage I ran across an old distributor with a MACK logo cap on it. I am trying to find out more information on it and ran across this site.

The Dist tag says

Anderson Ind.

Delco Remy

Model 112337 Serial 3B20

There are some casting numbers on the shaft, a D with a Star around it, and R in a circle and the numbers 1912810.

The unit is cast iron, has a tach drive and a Bakelite Cap, rotor and shield wich I did not take off. The wire would go in from the side and it looks liek they are screw terminals inside the cap.

Any help identify this unit is appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

post-4363-1249652532.jpg

post-4363-1249652553.jpg

Tom,

I have a Mack Distributor chart from the Mack Museum, it lists a 1112337 as Mack part number 423GB-3102, which I think is used on a Mack 707. I work on another 707 that has a different cap than the one you have but is part number 423-GB-3103.

Not sure if that helps, if you can find the mack number stamped in the side of the housing that could be useful. The serial number is usually a date code so your code of 3 B 20 would be 1953, Feb, 20 or could be 1943 Feb 20.

Firemack

Tom,

I have a Mack Distributor chart from the Mack Museum, it lists a 1112337 as Mack part number 423GB-3102, which I think is used on a Mack 707. I work on another 707 that has a different cap than the one you have but is part number 423-GB-3103.

Not sure if that helps, if you can find the mack number stamped in the side of the housing that could be useful. The serial number is usually a date code so your code of 3 B 20 would be 1953, Feb, 20 or could be 1943 Feb 20.

Firemack

Thanks Firemack, the only other number I found on the dist seemed to be stamped in the the bottom was 1912810