Exhaust Gas Recirculation System.

My customers of my web site are having problems with the 2008 and or 2009 Mack trucks with the Exhaust gas recirculation system. Problem is wide spread and I am looking for info, mass info if you know were to point me. Trucks will shut down durring a concrete pumping job. When the engine is not running the pump can not pump concrete. My web site in ConcretePumping.com and most of these guys only have one or two Macks and its been a real problem? any help would be great.

I believe you are talking about the DPF system not EGR. EGR stands for exhaust gas recirculation which has been in use since 2002. But The DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) is new for 2007 emissions. I believe the problem stems from the fact that in order to properly burn off the soot trapped in the filter (regen cycle), the engine has to be running under a good load. Many customers who dont constantly load the engine have found out the hard way that the DPF will clog and the truck will shutdown during idle periods and light loading like PTO use. Part of the problem is the position of the regen switch on the dash. Someone here knows about this and should be able to help.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Yes that is what i am talking about and you are right. Concrete Pumps often ideal at job sites for long periods of time waiting for concrete and than they just shut down. This is a real problem for the Concrete Pumping industry. I need some info on this problem, is there any documentation out there as to how long it has to ideal before it clogs up or how often you have to load up the truck. Is there a good fix for this? Any articles or documentation on this would be great.

Thanks

• 3 months later...