Skipping And Blue Smoke

ran2370

The truck is a 94 ch 613 350hp. The other day i worked the truck in the morning ran good, shut her down for about a hour, started her back up noticed she was skipping and blowing blue smoke at about 13 to 1400 rpms in reverse, but run smooth and clean at a idle.dropped my load and headed back to plant seamed to run fine no smoke going down the road or skipping. get to plant sitting still bring rpms up starts skipping, blue smoke again. take off again no problems going down the road. now on my way home empty i start to climb a hill my electronic malfunction light comes on and i lose power,had to drop couple of gears to climb hill normally shoot right up. shut truck off start back up light off got power, little while later light comes back on same thing.could it be the econovance? any input is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

The truck is a 94 ch 613 350hp. The other day i worked the truck in the morning ran good, shut her down for about a hour, started her back up noticed she was skipping and blowing blue smoke at about 13 to 1400 rpms in reverse, but run smooth and clean at a idle.dropped my load and headed back to plant seamed to run fine no smoke going down the road or skipping. get to plant sitting still bring rpms up starts skipping, blue smoke again. take off again no problems going down the road. now on my way home empty i start to climb a hill my electronic malfunction light comes on and i lose power,had to drop couple of gears to climb hill normally shoot right up. shut truck off start back up light off got power, little while later light comes back on same thing.could it be the econovance? any input is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

The econovance solnoid is likly fubared ,take the econovance block off and remove the allen head plugs from the sides and inspect for little screens inside if there are screens behind the plugs remove them and reassemble and retry runing the engine. remember to buy a new gasket before disassembly.If this dosent fix it the sonoid is likly had it!you wil have to buy a new one.

fjh thanks for the reply. I think it's the solenoid. I started the truck set the idle with the cruise control so it would smoke, got out to wiggle some wires to see what happens.ended up tapping on the end of solenoid with a hammer cleared up instantly. I think I read somewhere on here that one of them run about $500. Thanks again fjh.