Cross Members

Hi All, my flintstone chassis is now 315 inches long. its a twin chassis. it will have a wheel base of about 216 inches. how many cross members should a chassis of this length have?

an Rob I will be in Il, from the 4th August, provideing they let me in the country. ( they should do? )

Grant

Hi All, my flintstone chassis is now 315 inches long. its a twin chassis. it will have a wheel base of about 216 inches. how many cross members should a chassis of this length have?

an Rob I will be in Il, from the 4th August, provideing they let me in the country. ( they should do? )

Grant

Hi Grant, my R795 has a 215 inch wheelbase measured center of the tandem. I will count the crossmembers tonight but I think there are three total from the cab to rear of truck.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Grant, my R795 has a 215 inch wheelbase measured center of the tandem. I will count the crossmembers tonight but I think there are three total from the cab to rear of truck.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Rob

Hello, is that not including the H section above the diffs? whats there locations? thanks.

will have to bring some aussie truck stuff with me.

Grant

Hello, is that not including the H section above the diffs? whats there locations? thanks.

will have to bring some aussie truck stuff with me.

Grant

Hi Grant, no I did not include the trunion stand, only the crossmember that is at the rear of cab, (supports rear cab mount) the one about three feet back, (carrier bearing hangs on this one), and the one to the rear of the framerails behind 5th wheel.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Grant, no I did not include the trunion stand, only the crossmember that is at the rear of cab, (supports rear cab mount) the one about three feet back, (carrier bearing hangs on this one), and the one to the rear of the framerails behind 5th wheel.

Rob

Thats the same as this then. it seems like a big jump from centre bearing cross member to trunnion support, its a long way back.

Grant

Thats the same as this then. it seems like a big jump from centre bearing cross member to trunnion support, its a long way back.

Grant

If I remember correctly it is a little more distant to the trunion support as opposed to the cab support but not more than 24 inches further.

I'll get you a couple photos tonight.

Rob

If I remember correctly it is a little more distant to the trunion support as opposed to the cab support but not more than 24 inches further.

I'll get you a couple photos tonight.

Rob

Hello, just seems a long way, I would have atleast 6 feet from last cross member to trunion support, I would have expected to see atleast one more cross member in there.

Grant

Hello, just seems a long way, I would have atleast 6 feet from last cross member to trunion support, I would have expected to see atleast one more cross member in there.

Grant

I think you are right but I forgot to look and snap the photos I promised. Will be there in a couple hours and will set it straight.

Rob