Changing Transmission Question

My Mack 13 speed, is about to bite the dust. I can't locate used one. Can I put in a fuller 13 speed, in terms of of everything matching up.

Could I go back with a different Mack transmission, say a 9 or a 10? Would this affect power/speed?

This is on a 91 ch613 with a 350 in it. i don't use the truck much anymore and not wanting to put the $3500 for a rebuild price in it.

My Mack 13 speed, is about to bite the dust. I can't locate used one. Can I put in a fuller 13 speed, in terms of of everything matching up.

Could I go back with a different Mack transmission, say a 9 or a 10? Would this affect power/speed?

This is on a 91 ch613 with a 350 in it. i don't use the truck much anymore and not wanting to put the $3500 for a rebuild price in it.

I have replaced a Mack transmission with a Fuller and all that is required is the transmission, shifter, proper yoke for the driveline, and the bellhousing with mack mounts. The Fuller transmissions were common in the CH series of trucks so obtaining parts will be relatively easy. I would inform a salvage yard of what you are wanting to do and purchase everything including the frame, and transmission mounts as they are different than your existing setup.

You will of course need to alter your driveshaft as the Fuller transmission will be shorter, (from memory).

The Fuller is much less expensive to repair than the Mack but I don't really know much about durability.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Let me guess. The range shift synchro took a crap?

The range shifter in those transmissions was the weak link, other than that they're much tougher than a Fuller.

Mack transmission has triple countershafts, Fuller only has 2 countershafts.

If it was mine, I'd fix whatever was wrong with the Mack transmission rather than switching to a Fuller.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"