Macungie Truck Show

rw613

Like I said, every time you see me go by, remind me. I can announce it if I get reminded. I'll be pulled in so many directions I'll end the weekend looking like Stretch Armstrong.

I missed the ATHS discussion board photo last year because I was entertaining a group of videographers. Still haven't seen the finished product.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we have started the Macungie process! (The process of packing and loading hundreds of B and R Model parts!) This might be our biggest year yet. We are bringing a lot more R-Model stuff than usual and we will also be stocked heavily on Mack novelties.

Some of the interesting B-Model stuff this year will include a restored dash and restored door panels...complete and ready to go!

OK, gotta go get packing! Hope to see everyone at the show! Gotta remember to bring my camera for the group photo at Noon!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Hello everybody,

It looks to be a nice day at Macungie, we are headed out to the show and I hope to have some pictures for you tonight, weather looks good today but saturday not so much. Thunderstorms likely.... crap.....Oh well, I will still be there and little b61joe has his mack shirt to model for the group picture. Going out to have some fun now, see you later. Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Hello everybody,

It looks to be a nice day at Macungie, we are headed out to the show and I hope to have some pictures for you tonight, weather looks good today but saturday not so much. Thunderstorms likely.... crap.....Oh well, I will still be there and little b61joe has his mack shirt to model for the group picture. Going out to have some fun now, see you later. Fred

Sounds good! We are loading up and moving out around 10am today. Should be there about 4-5pm to set up. The booth won't be open until Saturday.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

after a very nice Friday, the weather turned off wet, we still got a picture of the gang on bmt. although not a good showing due to the downpour, so here it is.

post-63-1245532949_thumb.jpg

There are about 100 pictures in my album labled macungie 2009

Morgan

b61fred

15 gears...no waiting!

I'd had enough of wandering around in the rain by 10:00 AM.

Should have stayed for the BMT picture, though.

Nice show, especially Friday! And a lot of late arrivals on Saturday morning.

Thanks for the pictures Morgan.

Paul Van Scott

so, once again-no one knows what Paul VanScott looks like...I suspect he's a top secret gummint agent...just a thought.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

after a very nice Friday, the weather turned off wet, we still got a picture of the gang on bmt. although not a good showing due to the downpour, so here it is.

Morgan

b61fred

L to R.-Larry, Darrell, Darrell, Ray, Jay, Julio, Curtis...or

rustydog, ? , Barry, ? , B-61Fred, granitefan713, David

Morgan

b61fred

great pitchers, thanks!

I have to apologize gents....I was walking around the show with Author Robert Gabrick (if you collect Iconografix Vehicle books, he has written about 8 of them on everything from Freightliner to FWD to Sterling to Autocar trucks) who had never attended Macungie before....The first bus to the Mack plant pulled up, and he wanted to jump on to go get the tour of the plant, so off we went, and didnt come back for three hours, and I had forgotten about the 12pm meet time. :mack1:

I dont know about anyone else, but I am so sick of all this &^%$^-ing rain we have had here in Pennsylvania as of late. Sure you want a nice day for Macungie, but with all the rain we have had here lately, it made for an extra disgusting of a day, especially since Macungie Weekend is one of my favorites of the year. I was so pissed that I finally said "screw it" and left at about 1:30pm when there was a break in the rain. Figured I may as well make the 22 mile drive home on I78 while it was not downpouring. :angry:

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

We showed up friday late, bout 3ish and looked around through the swapmeet, glad we did. saturday we left the hotel inthe pouring rain about 8:30 and showed up at the park to a total muddy mess.Most of the venders were packin up around noon and some of the trucks were leavin as early as 9:30 but still was a good turn out. Got to see a nice old Mack R600 wrecker at work pullin Moxley's stuck Superdog out of the mud. Looked like a lot of the trucks were pulling out early while they still could. We left about 2:30ish and headed back to Ny after a quick stop at the Macungie Pub for lunch and a quick brew.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Dang it! I missed the photo op :( . I met up with a bunch of Hanks Truck pictures members including a fellow by the name of Jan who flew in from Norway to attend this show and a few others during his 7 week trip here in the US. We were all talking for about a half an hour and then split up. I said let me kill a half hour and then head over to the BMT booth. Well wouldn't you know it I found the Conforti DM800 in the back and was too busy ogling it to remember the time. I realized it was 12, ran back to the booth only to find the picture had already been taken. Oh well always next year!

So who else went on the factory tour? It was my first time and wow it was amazing! I thought it was going to be a canned tour with a guide dragging a group from station to station trying to keep with a schedule. Boy was I ever wrong! They pretty much turned us loose on the factory floor. I have never been on such an amazing self guided tour. As you walked along the assembly line from station it was self explanatory as you went from finished product all the way back to bare frame. and then walk through the parts room and then off through cab assembly. The Five trucks we were allowed to sit in and investigate was icing on the cake. I didnt think there was going to be a Titan for us to climb into and lo and behold there it was. The gift shop also had a sweet deal on Mack boots, only 20 bucks for a pair of size 12.5's. The box is too nice looking to throw out as it has a big picture of a RD800 logger along with pictures of CH, R's, a Superliner and Ultraliner

I would like to personally thank everyone who made the show possible. If it wasn't for the rain it would have been a perfect day. And I have made it a point along with my two friends to also attend both the Watt's and Gerhart show.

So is everyone dried out yet?

Yep :rolleyes:

post-314-1245601716_thumb.jpg

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

So who else went on the factory tour? It was my first time and wow it was amazing!

This was my third or fourth time. This year they did it backwards, you usually started at the back at the loading docks, and followed the bare frames all the way to the end, and ending up at the gift shop.

The year of Mack's 100th, they really pulled out the stops- they had a festival for employees families AND people from the show. They had catered food, all kinds of activities for the kids, and of course, all kinds of Mack Trucks.

I do have to say that this year I was very dissapointed in the Gift Shop Staff.....I know that they were overwhelmed, but it just seemed like they didnt know what they were doing- they had to enter numbers into the computers manually, and the lines didn't move at all. I finally gave up after 15 minutes and put my stuff back on the shelf because I wanted to get back to the park.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

When i went on the tour of the Mack factory, there was a chassic with just the frame rails and axles in it. The truck was tripple frame with 65k rears, a heavy front axle and all spokes, that was a very rare sighting.

I missed the BMT photo op as well as i was at the mack factory, i think my shoes are dry, my wallet is still a little wet. There was a cabover Mack with a tru-hitch wheel lift on it that pulled out a stuck GMC flatbed over by the truck loading area, that was an interesting sight to see.

I got some good pictures, with no sun glare. Still a good turnout despite the weather.