237 Jake Question

bobcotkg

I bought a Jake to put on my 237. I tore into it today only to find the disc that sit on top of the exhaust valves won't fit. I measured and found the ring in the center of the disc was too thick to let it sit down in where it belongs. Kind of sucks because it would have been back together before now.

So, do they make different discs or am I going to have to change valves. Hopefully I can just buy them or I have a lathe and the knowledge to make my own.

Whats my best bet?

Bob

hi, sounds like you have the big dia. valve stems. I think the valve stems are .435 or .485 dia. measure the dia of the valve stems and see what they are. The tec brake company makes both sizes. I am needing some of the .435 dia "buttons" I have 4 of the larger size. Maybe we could trade or something?

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

hi, sounds like you have the big dia. valve stems. I think the valve stems are .435 or .485 dia. measure the dia of the valve stems and see what they are. The tec brake company makes both sizes. I am needing some of the .435 dia "buttons" I have 4 of the larger size. Maybe we could trade or something?

Fred

Oh man, I wish I would have waited a little longer. I just bought 6 used ones for $25 clams each. I would have definately considered swapping my 6 for your 4 and some cash.

Let me get mine all back together and I'll get ahold of you, if your interested.

Bob