En 330 Help

frd1419

I need thoughs on my motor. When I try to start it, it seems to hydro lock and stop turning right before if wants to fire off. It will crank fine up til this point. Then it seems to stop. If you try to hit the starter switch it turns a quater turn and seems to stop again. If I open the choke and throtle like to clear a flooded engine it will start to hang and then spin normal again. I have checked the starter and cables and they check out good. ??????? I have a 41 type 45 with an EN 330 motor Any one with ideas ????

I need thoughs on my motor. When I try to start it, it seems to hydro lock and stop turning right before if wants to fire off. It will crank fine up til this point. Then it seems to stop. If you try to hit the starter switch it turns a quater turn and seems to stop again. If I open the choke and throtle like to clear a flooded engine it will start to hang and then spin normal again. I have checked the starter and cables and they check out good. ??????? I have a 41 type 45 with an EN 330 motor Any one with ideas ????

Check the distributer cap for carbon arcing. It may be a cylinder firing at the wrong time. Sometimes you have to wipe out the inside of the cap to see the carbon tracks. The spark actually travels over these arc lines to another cylinder firing it at the wrong time. Just a thought.

The carbon tracking could be the issue!

My thoughts were that the timing/points could be the issue.

Eather way, I would look at the ignation system, and make sure every thing is up to snuff.

Packer

Keep a clutchin'