Parade May 6th 2006

Firemack

Mack Firetruck Fans-

I am a volunteer FireFighter from Radnor Fire Company we have a 1954 Mack B75F Pumper (see attached picture). We are having our 100th anniversary Parade, May 6th in Wayne Pa. (Near Valley Forge-and King Of Prussia about 25 miles west of Phila). We are having awards for best appearing Mack Fire Truck and best appearing B Model Mack Firetruck as well as lots of food and refreshments! Harvey Eckart will be attending and judging the antiques. If you can make it we would love to have a great showing of all Macks!

PS We also have E1 and Seagraves so if you have modern firetrucks trucks we would love to have them also!

Email with any questions and I can provide more details and the invitation and award categories

Firemack

I would love to attend that, please post pictures of the macks! Thats a really nice and clean B model you guys have. harvey is a good guy and his newest book is great. Have a good time at your parade!

My god thats a really nice truck, is it a gas motor?

Yes the B75F has a gas ENF464 which is a 464 with special dual distributors and extra water cooling manifold on the right side. Standard 464 was 175HP the ENF464 firetruck engine (1 of 54made) ran only on premium and has 200hp.

Hopefully we will have a good showing of all the L model-CF Models in the tri-state area. We will post them after the parade.

• 1 month later...

Parade Update:

As of April 19th we have 91 trucks registered. I don't have a count on the B Models or other Macks yet but wanted to update the Group and hope that everyone with a Mack Firetruck that can make it will attend. We have awards for Best Appearing Mack, Best Apperaing B Model mack, Best Antique privately owned and best Antique Company owned. We have a few CF's and B's registered but don't have the total yet. We expect about 150-200 trucks so stop by!

If you have a Firetruck (or Mack Truck) and would like to attend please contact me and will get you registered!

Thanks, will keep you posted and post pics after the parade. :chili:

Firemack

Parade Update

We now have 126 trucks registered, out of that about 25 are antiques- and we should have about 10 B model firetrucks- Including a B85 Fire Tractor, B95 Ladder, B85 Sedan Cab from Minnesota, B85 Closed Cab, B75 semi-cab, and several others- I expect around 10 B models. Harvey Eckart is judging the trucks and we plan to take an aerial shot of all of the B models together, which I will post on the site. If you know any B model firetrucks in PA, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey let them know we are looking for a good turn out!

Thanks FireMack

Final Update and Pictures

The Radnor Fire Company 100th Parade was well attended, with 150 pieces of Fire Apparatus and 25 antique units, including 6 B model Mack Fire trucks. Harvey Eckart judged the antiques and was happy to see many Macks and the 6 B model Macks all together at the end of the Parade. See attached pictures.