Can Someone Please Tell Me Which Way The Peanuts Go In The Power Divider

Hey I took my power divider apart and all but 2 peanuts are all chewed up and you cant see the arrows on those two and my new parts didnt come with any instructions and the parts guy told me that everyone that knew was gone ( saturday afternoon ) but he said that the arrows on the peanuts had to be pointing a certain way. So do they point to the center or to the outside? Thanks in advance for any info on this. I hate to guess at it seeing how the parts are over 600 dollars.

Hey I took my power divider apart and all but 2 peanuts are all chewed up and you cant see the arrows on those two and my new parts didnt come with any instructions and the parts guy told me that everyone that knew was gone ( saturday afternoon ) but he said that the arrows on the peanuts had to be pointing a certain way. So do they point to the center or to the outside? Thanks in advance for any info on this. I hate to guess at it seeing how the parts are over 600 dollars.

I beleive the arrows face out!If you did put them in back wards I highly doubt you would hurt anything!But also if you put them on the inside you can't see them at all that would make no sence for assembly purposes .The main thing is to have them all the same direction!

this is a lesson to keep your tires the same size if possible! Have you replaced the inner and outer cam as well?If you are replacing the outer cam be sure to use lock tight on the nut and its torque is 1200 ft pounds or one heavy duty 1 inch air impact!And the inner cam needs the slots facing the rear! or it wount oil correctly.

just a few pointers! :)

thanks a million for the response fjh. I was really hoping someone would respond tonight so I could get my truck back together before monday morning. To answer your question, I replaced the inner and outer cam and the peanuts. I dont have any way of knowing the torque but my 1 inch wrench took it off pretty easy so I'll just let it hit for a few seconds longer when i go back and I'll be sure to locktite it. I got the truck used and I'm sure the mismatched tires are what caused the problem but It wasnt me that done it and I assure you after this you wont hear about me running any mismatched myself. Thanks for letting me know about the inner cam grooves because to tell you the truth I didnt even notice that one side has those two little cut outs in it. Thanks again for the fast reply and all the help.