Flintstone 260 Engine Number

ducky698

Joe my boy The gold dog and the silver dog might have been right when it came in the box 20 years ago

after 5 owners and 3 re builds you gota be careful on betting any dough whats under the hood today.

We had a crowd down the coast here that had one with a V12 71 under de hood. Went well though.

I think from memory it went that well they smashed it up in the end.

McOZ,

If I were to do the 12V71 Detroit Diesel re-heart, I would not use the 71, I'd go the whole hog and chuck a 92 in! This is off topic but I have read a article in Truckin' Life last year... the truck also appears on this year's Kenworth calendar.... who put a 12V92 Detroit into his Kenworth hauling rocks and sand all up the east coast of Australia! Even went as far as putting KW1292 on the number plates!

Joe

McOZ,

If I were to do the 12V71 Detroit Diesel re-heart, I would not use the 71, I'd go the whole hog and chuck a 92 in! This is off topic but I have read a article in Truckin' Life last year... the truck also appears on this year's Kenworth calendar.... who put a 12V92 Detroit into his Kenworth hauling rocks and sand all up the east coast of Australia! Even went as far as putting KW1292 on the number plates!

Joe

I don't know if it was a 71 or 92 didn't realy care. I wouldn't put a GM in anything. I had a 8V71T

in a white 4000 for 8 years and when i bought the econodyne it shaved over 1/3 of me fuel bill.

REpowering a truck with those series GM's now is well and truly out of date. dinosours

I don't know if it was a 71 or 92 didn't realy care. I wouldn't put a GM in anything. I had a 8V71T

in a white 4000 for 8 years and when i bought the econodyne it shaved over 1/3 of me fuel bill.

REpowering a truck with those series GM's now is well and truly out of date. dinosours

Well, let's stay on the topic of :mack1: engines!

Why don't we repower our trucks with :mack1: 's very popular and famous Econodyne engine??? Man, saw a magnificent R772RSX ValueLiner the other week which belongs to one of the popular soil yards in Dubbo! Mated to the T2090 9 speed gearbox, the Econodyne would have been the best engine bar none!

For those who don't know what the R772RSX looks like, go to: http://www.macktrucks.com.au/index.cfm?Men...mp;ImageID=1194

Joe

Mr. OZ,

Not trying to break-in on the conversation but, I had to let you know that I think your 611 is an absolutely beautiful piece of master work machine. Its massive, has great lines. It has to be a great joy to drive and own. I've never sat foot in any truck like your's but hopefully someday I can at least get up near one. Thanks for showing this RST 611. I'd like to see it in action if you have it on U-tube sometime. That way I can see it's sides.

Keep it Safe!

mike :mack1:

Hi Grant, I'd be interested in most of the leftovers you mentioned, including 'F' parts. Let me know what you want and we can go from there. Jeff

Hello, message me with what your after, as there is a lot of parts here. :) have scrapped 2 trucks.

Grant

Hi Grant I would be fairly certain that what you have is the C Motor which was 250 HP. It was the most common in the Flintstones and F models before the Maxidynes were released, in conjunction with the Maxitorque gearboxes. If the block had been replaced with a new one from Mack , it would not necessarily have an engine number , nor would it have been painted any colour at all. I have a Maxidyne motor which was never painted until I got it and it has no engine number. best Regards - Michael.

Hi Grant I would be fairly certain that what you have is the C Motor which was 250 HP. It was the most common in the Flintstones and F models before the Maxidynes were released, in conjunction with the Maxitorque gearboxes. If the block had been replaced with a new one from Mack , it would not necessarily have an engine number , nor would it have been painted any colour at all. I have a Maxidyne motor which was never painted until I got it and it has no engine number. best Regards - Michael.

The no engine number would be right. The the engine in my mack now, came from Gleemans and it never had an engine number stamped.

It had a Mack pedigree Re build plate 6/97. It came from the US. It had done hardly any work. It had some sort of coupling on

The harmonic balancer so i presume it came out of a mixer or a garbage compactor. Replacement blocks never had an engine number.

If your block was U/S they would stamp your old number on it

. I just stamped my old engine number. Mark

Mr. OZ,

Not trying to break-in on the conversation but, I had to let you know that I think your 611 is an absolutely beautiful piece of master work machine. Its massive, has great lines. It has to be a great joy to drive and own. I've never sat foot in any truck like your's but hopefully someday I can at least get up near one. Thanks for showing this RST 611. I'd like to see it in action if you have it on U-tube sometime. That way I can see it's sides.

Keep it Safe!

mike :mack1:

Hi Mike Thanks for the compliments. In reality an thinking Back it looked good but it was just a Truck, a tool to make a dollar.

Was it a pleasure to drive? NO. Quadbox. no power steering, slow, under powered. hot rough. Reliable ? yes.

Sorry no u-tube vids. I will get around to put some piccys in the photo album Still finding more and try to date them in order.

In reality it was a Go truck not a show truck. Regards Mark

The no engine number would be right. The the engine in my mack now, came from Gleemans and it never had an engine number stamped.

It had a Mack pedigree Re build plate 6/97. It came from the US. It had done hardly any work. It had some sort of coupling on

The harmonic balancer so i presume it came out of a mixer or a garbage compactor. Replacement blocks never had an engine number.

If your block was U/S they would stamp your old number on it

. I just stamped my old engine number. Mark

Hi Mark, I bought a 237 from Gleemans and it was ex USA, it had no eng #, it was in really good nick, it was tilted and had rear mounted turbo and other parts which I'm sure came from an MC or something. That engine still runs nice and clean, it is in my tipper. Regarding that R with the V12, It was a 700, it had 2 hole steel Budds on the steer, I think they might have even been 24.5's.. Jeff .

Hi Mark, I bought a 237 from Gleemans and it was ex USA, it had no eng #, it was in really good nick, it was tilted and had rear mounted turbo and other parts which I'm sure came from an MC or something. That engine still runs nice and clean, it is in my tipper. Regarding that R with the V12, It was a 700, it had 2 hole steel Budds on the steer, I think they might have even been 24.5's.. Jeff .

[/

Hi Jeff You shure know how to jog ones memory Thinking back that 700 did have budd's on the steer.

And yes the 237 i bought from Gleemans did have a rear mounted turbo. Glen said they bought

18 engines in that lot. They were all under a big tarp and i went through the lot and found a

late model E6. Took it home and put all my 320 gear on it. Went for 6 years. $ 5000.500 well spent. Mark

Hello, thankyou, yes it looks like a 250, its a good runner, smooth quiet engine with 18speed quad box.

regards Grant