Flintstone 260 Engine Number

ducky698

Wheres the engine number on this engine?

have looked everywhere, am getting ready to pull it out soon, it was driven on road for last time yesterday after been sitting for 6mths, had to back of all the brakes and shift it around the block ready to stip it bare.

Grant

Grant I assume it has a Maxidyne 237 or 300 tip turbine? On my 673 the numbers are stamped on the front gear housing on top of where the injection pump mates to it. If its a V8 then someone else here would know. I hope this helps.

Numbers are almost invisible but you can make out the EN part.

post-314-1236277990_thumb.jpg

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Wheres the engine number on this engine?

have looked everywhere, am getting ready to pull it out soon, it was driven on road for last time yesterday after been sitting for 6mths, had to back of all the brakes and shift it around the block ready to stip it bare.

Grant

H i Grant, not sure what engine your refering to, but if it is a 6 like the pic Thad posted they are often up higher, along the top, the flat bit at the top. If it came from an 'F' it could be on the back of the block just below the head. If it was a V8 it could be on the pan rail, just above the sump pan or across the top at the back of the block below the valley. Tell us what you find. Regards Jeff. The pan rail drivers side (OZ) about the middle.

H i Grant, not sure what engine your refering to, but if it is a 6 like the pic Thad posted they are often up higher, along the top, the flat bit at the top. If it came from an 'F' it could be on the back of the block just below the head. If it was a V8 it could be on the pan rail, just above the sump pan or across the top at the back of the block below the valley. Tell us what you find. Regards Jeff. The pan rail drivers side (OZ) about the middle.

Spot on mate, END/T 864,5 and 6 are all on the pan rail on the RHS. I dont think it would be an E9 in a flinny

Grant, whatsa 260?

Hello, thankyou guys, will look again tomorrow, its a 6cyl, was told its a 260hp 6 with 700lbs torque, the previous owner had said it wasnt a 237, but once i find that engine number it will answer it.

i checked pan rail, not there, have checked back of head area, will check timing area tomorrow.

regards Grant

Hello, thankyou guys, will look again tomorrow, its a 6cyl, was told its a 260hp 6 with 700lbs torque, the previous owner had said it wasnt a 237, but once i find that engine number it will answer it.

i checked pan rail, not there, have checked back of head area, will check timing area tomorrow.

regards Grant

found some numbers up near fuel pump, 5P9973

does this mean anything? vin # is R611 RS 6053

Grant

An R611 would have originally been equipped with an ENDT673C Thermodyne @ 250H.P.

The outward appearance of the ENDT673C is identical to the ENDT675 237 H.P. Maxidyne, except that the ENDT673C would have been a light greenish blue color, and the ENDT675 would have been Gold.

(edit to add: Also look at the top of the valve covers, back then they were marked "Thermodyne" or "Maxidyne" on that flat area on top. That could tell you what it is, unless someone put different valve covers on it at some point)

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

found some numbers up near fuel pump, 5P9973

does this mean anything? vin # is R611 RS 6053

Grant

Grant, that # is the eng # only, it does not say what eng it is. B4 the # it should have eng type, i.e. ENDT 673C or ENDT675 etc. But that chassis # is for an ENDT673C, 250 HP, Quad, On/Off Hwy rear end. Jeff.

Grant, that # is the eng # only, it does not say what eng it is. B4 the # it should have eng type, i.e. ENDT 673C or ENDT675 etc. But that chassis # is for an ENDT673C, 250 HP, Quad, On/Off Hwy rear end. Jeff.

Hello, will look for maxidyne, its painted blue tho. it has an 18spd qaud and 5.32 rears.

thankyou for help.

regards Grant

An R611 would have originally been equipped with an ENDT673C Thermodyne @ 250H.P.

The outward appearance of the ENDT673C is identical to the ENDT675 237 H.P. Maxidyne, except that the ENDT673C would have been a light greenish blue color, and the ENDT675 would have been Gold.

(edit to add: Also look at the top of the valve covers, back then they were marked "Thermodyne" or "Maxidyne" on that flat area on top. That could tell you what it is, unless someone put different valve covers on it at some point)

it has thermodyne on valve cover also, so there we have it by the looks, a 250hp endt673c thermodyne.

it and the quad box are coming out this week.

it has thermodyne on valve cover also, so there we have it by the looks, a 250hp endt673c thermodyne.

it and the quad box are coming out this week.

Grant, I'm not to sure about this, but I think you could have a Blue ENDT673C, change the fuel pump and turbo to Maxidyne spec, and you would have a blue Maxidyne 237 hp with Thermodyne on the valve covers. I think they are identical engines internally. Maybe someone knows otherwise. Regards Jeff...... Maybe they have different injectors aswell.

Grant, I'm not to sure about this, but I think you could have a Blue ENDT673C, change the fuel pump and turbo to Maxidyne spec, and you would have a blue Maxidyne 237 hp with Thermodyne on the valve covers. I think they are identical engines internally. Maybe someone knows otherwise. Regards Jeff...... Maybe they have different injectors aswell.

The C motor was a completley different engine to the Maxidyne.

They had different pistons smaller gudgeon pin different rods bigger weights on the crank.

the touque was at 1500 fuel settings were completley different.

You could fuel them up a bit but they were a fragile motor as to the maxidyne .

I had my C motor with 10% across the the range but kept the touque at 1500.

It would hold it's own with a 290 cummins and give a 903 a good run for it's money.

I certanly would not try to make a C motor into a Maxidyne you would kill it. Thats only my thoughts

Mark

The C motor was a completley different engine to the Maxidyne.

They had different pistons smaller gudgeon pin different rods bigger weights on the crank.

the touque was at 1500 fuel settings were completley different.

You could fuel them up a bit but they were a fragile motor as to the maxidyne .

I had my C motor with 10% across the the range but kept the touque at 1500.

It would hold it's own with a 290 cummins and give a 903 a good run for it's money.

I certanly would not try to make a C motor into a Maxidyne you would kill it. Thats only my thoughts

Mark

Hi Mark, I think you would be right, I suppose with the constant HP and high torque rating of the Maxi it would stand to reason that those major components you mentioned would be different, tougher. I've heard over the yrs blokes saying that engs have been rebuilt to Maxidyne spec and I was thinking they were internally the same. Regards jeff.

Hi Mark, I think you would be right, I suppose with the constant HP and high torque rating of the Maxi it would stand to reason that those major components you mentioned would be different, tougher. I've heard over the yrs blokes saying that engs have been rebuilt to Maxidyne spec and I was thinking they were internally the same. Regards jeff.

HI jeff My C motor went to Grafton in 1992. To my good friend Brian Taylor at Banana coast towing. Have been

friends with Brian for 30 years. He came down to visit last christmas an i asked if he still had the motor.

I think it is in a single drive B model. He said it was still going but " getting a bit smokey but still going"

Mark

HI jeff My C motor went to Grafton in 1992. To my good friend Brian Taylor at Banana coast towing. Have been

friends with Brian for 30 years. He came down to visit last christmas an i asked if he still had the motor.

I think it is in a single drive B model. He said it was still going but " getting a bit smokey but still going"

Mark

Hello, I am not doing anything with the engine but pulling it out and selling it and the 18speed quad. and the flintstone cab and hood can go to! once there out I can drag the rest over to workshop and relocate the diffs 24 inches back from there current position and drill new chassis holes, then strip the poor thing bare.

Grant

Mark

Hi Mark, Brian is a good friend, he's been a great help to me, he's helped me when I was down n out. I think that eng could be in the B 613 Tow Truck. He has a nice fleet of Macks . Jeff.

HK,

I can also tell you that the colour of the bonnet bulldog has a thing or two to do with that as well! If it is a Maxidyne engine, the bulldog would be gold while the dog on the Thermodyne engined trucks would be silver!

Joe

HK,

I can also tell you that the colour of the bonnet bulldog has a thing or two to do with that as well! If it is a Maxidyne engine, the bulldog would be gold while the dog on the Thermodyne engined trucks would be silver!

Joe

Well, I'll be dipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The things I can "learn" here!

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

HK,

Joe

Joe my boy The gold dog and the silver dog might have been right when it came in the box 20 years ago

after 5 owners and 3 re builds you gota be careful on betting any dough whats under the hood today.

We had a crowd down the coast here that had one with a V12 71 under de hood. Went well though.

I think from memory it went that well they smashed it up in the end.

Joe my boy The gold dog and the silver dog might have been right when it came in the box 20 years ago

after 5 owners and 3 re builds you gota be careful on betting any dough whats under the hood today.

We had a crowd down the coast here that had one with a V12 71 under de hood. Went well though.

I think from memory it went that well they smashed it up in the end.

and where does the dog go on a flintstone? radiator is front of truck.

Hello, I am not doing anything with the engine but pulling it out and selling it and the 18speed quad. and the flintstone cab and hood can go to! once there out I can drag the rest over to workshop and relocate the diffs 24 inches back from there current position and drill new chassis holes, then strip the poor thing bare.

Grant

Hi Grant, I'd be interested in most of the leftovers you mentioned, including 'F' parts. Let me know what you want and we can go from there. Jeff

I was wandering what happened to that R 700, was it 1 of Hayes' trucks ?

Jeff Yes I am pretty shure it was Hayes, candy apple maroon coulor Didn't take a lot of notice it

could have been a 700. somebody said it was rolled over. Used to see it come up the coast

loaded with timber. I think they had a W model with a V12 that suffered the same fate.

Never could check it out it was always too fast.