Loss Of Power In Higher Gears

am3101

CHR? Which engine?

WE had an older e-6 350 in a 1990 R model mack that we had turned the pump up on, under full load for an extended period of time (15 or more seconds). the truck would flutter and fall on its face....

Obviously we tried the filters, no luck checked for bad lines from the tank (ones letting air in) nothing appeared bad...

One of the fuel lines had collapsed internally......... we found it after we started replacing all the fuel lines (it was a short one near the fuel pump that had a pretty severe bend in it (4th one we checked though)

Other wise as I stated earlier check for interjection of air someplace (loose fuel line fitting or bad line).

Good Luck

I would head in the direction you have been pointed, T in a fuel preasure gauge at the fuel pump and check preasure there full load it should not drop below 20 psi full load .If it does check all the lines and if they are clear check to see the drain back valve spring is not broken,I'm kinda working blind here and am assuming its not e7 or vmack. transplant.

our mack CHR select 1994 looses power in the higher gears.

we changed the filters and drained the oil.

at the moment we are getting the injector checked out,

but so far they dont know either.

any suggestions and ideas greatly appreciated!

tony

I assume this CHR has a Cummins and your outside of the USA? I would like to see pics of your CHR and how they put the Cummins in there.

Ok check the fuel preasure 20 psi or more the better

What trans do you have if the engine is only making 15 or so psi boost check the torque limit switch on the trans unplug it if its hooked up see if that helps!

psi is alright.

its a 10 speed rockwell road ranger.

already tried unplugging by now as well.

its a mack engine too and not a cummins..

Edited by am3101