Overhaul Of Triplex Or Quad Trans

FirstEliminator

Hey guys,

Anyone have a triplex or quad box rebuilt? I am wondering what the costs are of having one rebuilt. Also the parts cost of just replacing bearings and other consumables inside the trans. Also, are any special tools needed to work on these trans?

Where are parts availible for these trans? Are the bearings of standard sized and availible through bearing suppliers?

thanks,

Mark Piechowski

• 2 weeks later...

No replys?---golly. Does this mean that finding a good used is the best route?

mark, i had one done a year ago and pai did list a bearing kit and gasket set. they have a site with a good picture and a list of of parts, but some are no longer available. best to call them. i got the oil pump kit from mack. the pai site also lists the mack part #'s. it took me two tranny's and and quite a few $$$$ to make one good one. so yes i'd keep looking for a good used one. also there are a lot of expensive parts that won't be visible when you remove the top covers. happy hunting scott

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mark,

Just read your question today so here's a late reply. We have an answer man here at P.A.I. Jan Ruble has been with the Company for over 30 years and I think he knows everything that has ever been asked about parts fitting this or that or whether or not they are available, here or elsewhere.

janr@paiindustries.com or you can call him, (770) 822-1000 X150

Hope this helps, Jim T.