Any Titan's On The Road Yet ?

Just wondering if anyone has seen any of the new Titan's on the road yet ?

I'm guessing with the way the economy is right now, that a lot of contractors aren't lining up to purchase 1 or more new lowboy tractors.

I did hear that Haines&Kibblehouse have either received one, or have one on order.....other than that (rumour) I haven't heard of any out there.

The dealer in Sudbury Ontario has had two out on demo for a couple months now. One is identical to the one Mack has been displaying with all the goodies, the other (also a heavy float tractor) is more plain, no headache rack, just a tandem with a wet line. Both 605 MP10's. Had good reports except from one company driver that was demo'ing it. They are locked out at 105 kph and the guy was saying it was gutless compared to his CL/Cummins.

Salesman doesn't expect them to sell well around here right now, as they are priced at a premium. A basic tractor is $160,000.00 Canadian, so like he said, by the time you put a lift or a dump box, etc. on it.....wow! Last time I spoke with him he was saying they were supposed to have a meeting with Mack Reps to see if anything could be improved on the pricing.

Anyone see one parked next to a CL. Wow, they make a CL model look small!

:SMOKIE-RT: $160,000 , No wonder 401 Mack down here in Windsor isn,t promoting them. I guess there's a slim to nill chance of talking my boss into one , he's been kick'n tires on a couple of new visions . With the economy in Windsor area right now I don't expect to see any here any time soon. I sat in the one on display at the truck rodeo up at Notre Dame Du Nord , Quebec back in august . They sit really high , probably as high as the Mh cabover I used to have , they sure would dwarf a CL if they were parked next to one another.

I had those pics, but didn't even think to post them :wacko: My friend is the salesman at All North. Last time I was down he showed me pics of the Titan parked beside a new CL on their lot. I asked him to email me a copy but he must have got busy and forgot. If I ever get them I'll post.

Bad Dog; funny you say it's slow in Windsor right now. My new issue of Today's Trucking, the last page editorial, says how it is just booming there :rolleyes:

I know I can't afford a new Titan when all the brainwaves over here are working their tri-axle dumps for $50.00 per hour :wacko::wacko:

:SMOKIE-RT: Booming here I'd like to try some of the drugs the guy that wrote that editorial is on. $50.00 hr is about the average rate for Tri-Axles down here. Some fools are trying to do it cheaper than that , How I don't know they must have a different math system than I use. There are quite a few up coming proposals for Infrastructure jobs and Windfarm projects , but they are all up in the air right now. If they get things together there should be alot of work.

I hear you Bad Dog.That's why I closed up shop, too bullheaded and too much self pride to work for that. But i'm already missing my truck, so I might have to swallow my pride some day.

There's two cool new Titan's on truckpaper.com. They look like tri-drives, not a lift axle. They have the balloon tires on the steers, look awesome. They have the Granite style fender flares on the front. Do you think the stainless ones are too narrow for wide base steer tires? I like the stainless.

Mack says they offer a front bumper with a tow hook. Anyone see one yet? I looked all over the net to see if anyone had pics of a moose bumper yet, but couldn't find any.

:SMOKIE-RT: I packed in being my own boss almost 2yrs ago because of someone in a car hitting me head on. I felt it was a good time to take a breather on driving my own and I now am just a driver for a company hauling aggregate around here. There aren't many days go by that I don't miss my own truck. I guess it is just something that just gets in your blood. I think I'm going to wait things out a while longer before I attempt to go back at it again. As far as the Titan goes I prefer the stainless wheel flares myself . I don't think they would be a problem if you get the right offset on the front rims. I think that the big wide steer tires would make th look of the truck. They're a must for a heavy haul truck anyway. What area of the north are you from Bullheaded ? A friend of mine has a place just east of Mattawa.

MAYBE WE WILL SEE MACK TITAN CAPITALIZING THE MARKET THAT NOW CATERPILLAR LEAVES BEHIND ON THE TRUCKING SCENE. THE MAYOR PART OF KENWORTH LOYALISTS ARE INDEED CATERPILLAR LOYALISTS. SO WITH NO MORE BIG CATERPILLAR ENGINES ON KENWORTH TRUCKS, THOSE KW/CAT FANS WILL MOVE TO ANY TRUCK MANUFACTURER WHO OFFER THEM A BIG AND POWERFULL ENGINE TO DO BIG JOBS.

I THINK THIS IS A GOOD OPORTUNITY FOR MACK TO CAPITALIZE ON THAT SITUATION, SO FORMER KW/CAT CUSTOMERS COULD BE COVERED BY MACK TITAN.

OR WILL THEY JUST LIKE TO WORK WITH THE MAXXIPILLAR ENGINE???????????

• 3 weeks later...

Diesel truck sales in saginaw Mich got a prototype with 2010 engine, they are letting a friend with a fleet of CL's with e-9's and some isx's test this baby for one year to see what it's made of. He's the guinee pig. Its siver Mich special loaded he pulls super trains with a gross weight of 164,000# . Going to the yard this week to see it he just started running it this week. It's one hell of a truck. I have been told loaded Mich spcl specs put it around 145,000$