Showing My Disappointment

There is a demand for 16 liter 600+ horse engines in places like Canada, Michigan, etc.. While the on road haulers in those states may find happiness with a Volvo with their 16 liter motor, the loggers and other on/off road haulers need the Mack drivetrain and chassis features that Volvo doesn't offer. Mack had thusly better get a Volvo 16 liter motor under a Mack hood ASAP!

There is a demand for 16 liter 600+ horse engines in places like Canada, Michigan, etc.. While the on road haulers in those states may find happiness with a Volvo with their 16 liter motor, the loggers and other on/off road haulers need the Mack drivetrain and chassis features that Volvo doesn't offer. Mack had thusly better get a Volvo 16 liter motor under a Mack hood ASAP!

In this months edition of Heavy Duty Trucking, they review the new Volvo VT 800, and towards the end of the artice they review the engine (625 I believe) and state that there will be a MACK version of this motor soon. I left the magazine in my truck, I'll scan it tonite.

heres the quote from the article:"The basic architecture of all engines is shared with Mack Trucks,Volvo Trucks North American corporate sister.Each builder will make mechanical and electronic changes, so its version will behave somewhat differently.the D16 will be the basis of Mack's upcoming MP(for Mack Power)10, due out in 07 or 08."

The engine they are talking about is the D16 500-625hp, 994cubic inch