Any E6 Oil Pans Available? (51qt)

Ryon Hess

Question

Looking for replacement and none on the internet, believe me I tried. Any sites saying in stock are out of stock for the the aftermarket version PAI 240GB5212D.

Could be old laying in a field for all I care. Am about to just try and have a pro drill both sides of small small crack and then fab/weld it up maybe fill in some additional steel for added strength 

On 2/10/2023 at 5:30 PM, fjh said:

I have suggestion! Convert to a 32 litre pan and just replace the oil pickup!

Adding to my response/quote, I basically found the answers with photo attached. Looks like a pretty short pickup, I gather it doesn’t sit at bottom of deep sump and like another member commented, the pickup works in both pans apparently. Wanted to know what was dealing with before I dropped pan and then needed something and had to do it twice 

03BB753D-F41D-49CA-BFE9-33EF4141A718.jpeg

Any chance of swiping the oil pickup off the truck you're getting the pan from? I doubt the pickups are different depending on pan.  Only differences I could foresee would be based on sump positioning. The pan and oil pump assembly can be flipped end for end depending on front axle to engine positioning, but I don't recall if there was a "center sump" oil pan.