Help--timing On An End-673

b85Fireman

Can someone please give me some detailed instructions on how to time an END-673. I needed to replace the gasket behind it and now need to get it back together. Thanks

:mack1:

Did you disturb the timing adjustment under that little round cover that is on the top right of the timing cover? If you just took the pump off and are putting the same pump back on you really don't have to time it if the timing is right to begin with. If you want to time it you can "flow time" it but I have to know if you have a Robert Bosch or an American Bosch injection pump. It helps if you can read the tag on the pump because the timing spec is there.

Joe

Did you disturb the timing adjustment under that little round cover that is on the top right of the timing cover? If you just took the pump off and are putting the same pump back on you really don't have to time it if the timing is right to begin with. If you want to time it you can "flow time" it but I have to know if you have a Robert Bosch or an American Bosch injection pump. It helps if you can read the tag on the pump because the timing spec is there.

Joe

Joe,

The pump has not been taken off yet. It is an American Bosch, but we can't read any spec on the tag.

Phil

Joe,

The pump has not been taken off yet. It is an American Bosch, but we can't read any spec on the tag.

Phil

I take it you are replacing the tappet cover gaskets. They are kind of a

common leak on 6 cyl macks.

If you only remove and replace the pump by unbolting it at the 3 bolt flange

you won't disturb the timing. That engine probably has the injection pump

drive coupling with the 2 tangs and it should have a pin in it so you can't

get it 180 degrees out.

The only way you can disturb the timing is by taking off the little round

cover that is located on the engine's front timing cover and losening the 4

bolts that are in slotted holes.

Joe