Pictures of the Week

other dog

3 minutes ago, Mark T said:

There were a couple LT or LTLs in Wheels of Time with Mack transmissions and an auxiliary behind them.  That picture looks like a B cab. 

Yes It's a 1956 B-71. From what I read in the thread I found it in which was from 2017 the user TruckShop was trying to buy it.

2 hours ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

Yeah I'm a 44waist 30-32 length. If I go any longer I walk on the backs of the legs lol

Same here.

44-30.

Hmmm.wher typed that way, it looks like a low power black powder rifle cartridge.   😁

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

You blokes have to much choice in clothing over there 

We get waist size and long, regular and stout for length

Anything else needed we just have the legs taken up or wear a belt to hold bigger pants in place on our hips 

Have observed in the last day or so just how many different sized people and different fashions there are at Melbourne airport 

My oh my, I  swear some people  font give a damn how they look these days 

Truck paint jobs are becoming very plain in Yanky land these days, no two coloured paint schemes and very little scroll work, New England area seems to buck the trend from what I see on social media

Kinda sad but I guess it's all about dollars and cents

Paul 

• Like 2

seems the trend on east coast is :: color doesn't matter. some fleets are running any color truck they find. a concrete fleet used to be orange/blue and red /white . see many of their fleet random colors. a growing dump fleet in area runs every color . paint doesn't make more money.

On 1/7/2023 at 9:33 PM, other dog said:

They're pretty good, I rubbed them with some brown sugar first, then I coated them well with the top secret rub that I make myself. It's just garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, chili powder, etc. I just buy a bottle of each when I catch it on sale for $1 a bottle at the Walmart and mix it all together, nothing fancy or exotic. I always peel the membrane off the ribs first so it penetrates the meat better. I did all that yesterday and left it wrapped in plastic wrap until today. I smoked it in the Pit Barrel Cooker, which has become my favorite smoker. I have cooked 8 racks of ribs at a time in it before, and a whole turkey will fit.

This isn't today's picture, but here's some ribs in the smoker. This is at Vicki from Florida's house, I had one sent down there too. And you would think that they would burn on the bottom, down closest to the charcoal, but they do not. I don't know how that works, but they just don't.

20210930_113720.thumb.jpg.68d8e61ab7d9f4f0c2caf0e35c416bd1.jpg

I guess we'll run over to Altavista when Zina gets off work- in the car- and get some ribs to smoke tomorrow, If I can afford them. They didn't have any baby backs Saturday, those are my favorite kind to cook. Supposed to be 54 and sunny tomorrow. She really likes the way i've done them the last 2 times I smoked them, with brown sugar and then the rub. Gonna take some to the next door neighbor too.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

35 minutes ago, other dog said:

I think Old Bill, AKA William Weatherstone, said he was 6'4". He drove a B-61 with no sleeper all across Canada and the US. He said he would roll the passenger side window down and rest his feet on the mirror brackets when he stopped to sleep, no matter how cold it was. Unless he got a motel room there was really nothing else he could do.

bills_new_mack_toronto_on_1965.jpg.4a2e3b3dae8859b8d1be31fe824fb403.jpg 

I'd give just about anything to be driving an Old truck. I mean I love The Green Hornet I drive now but I'd give anything to have The original That my Grandpa had or one of his B models. I also keep trying to convince my Boss that I need a Cabover in my life lol.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

When I was a  'Pumpkin Driver' '98-'99...  I drove several diferent Int. cabovers.. I would love to own one..  I just think they are cool..  The fastest one I had was the last one..  an old western auto, cab over with the smallest sleeper in the wolrd, and it had a doghouse.  I used to kick the shifter while getting in and out of my britches :) It had a cummins, N-14 or M-11, cant remeber,  with a 9 spd.  I could actually pass Schneiders and J.b.-Hunts ,,, uphill..  Anyway,,  just my 2cents..  jojo

• Like 1

i never had any problem sleeping in the DM's or R models, 

the granite was a different story with the dash cupholders and shifter placement.

same with my new kenworth. cup holders and and auto trans shifter placement mean there is no place to comfortably put my legs. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..