Pictures of the Week

other dog

37 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Add a happier note or diesel fuel, and gasoline around here is gone down considerably in the past couple of months. I didn’t think we were going to see that happen.Yay!!!!!!… bob 

give it a few weeks Bob, it is going to jump back up again. 

we went up 50 cents a gallon here in Jersey in two weeks. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

$5.09 per gallon this afternoon here in jersey. 

wawa is $4.79-$4.89 depending on how busy the highway is, but everyone is complaining about getting water so i just bypass them.

On 1/7/2023 at 8:30 PM, Joey Mack said:

Dammit Man !!!!!  Now I wish I had another S.S. cabinet to make a smoker...  :)  Look's Yummie...  Jojo

The Pit Barrel Cookers were on sale for $100 off, I got an e-mail from them, but I don't know if they still are. But I can only say good things about them, they're great! And they don't pay me to say that by the way. They really do work great though, and they're so easy to use.  They're so easy- well, they're so easy even 1958FWD could probably run one without screwing anything up.

They make a bigger one now, probably a full size 55 gallon drum. The one I have is smaller, but I don't remember the size. But like I said, it holds a whole turkey, or 8 racks of ribs, so it's plenty big for me. The new bigger unit has 3 rods in it instead of 2, so if you're cooking for a crowd....

They would be pretty easy to make too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thats great..   I just acquired this 1/4" thick 2'x2'x2' steel well cover from my City job..  I was thinking about using my old stainless steel grill on top of the box, and cutting a door into the box and putting hinges and a latch on it so i can cook with wood or do some smoking..  What do you think??  opinions??  

KIMG1531.JPG

• Like 1

me thinks anything is better than nothing. 

on the farm we had an OLD elevator shaft from an even older asphalt plant. probably from the 20's, and moved there in the 50's when the plant was updated. 

it was 3 foot deep, 4 foot wide, and 9 foot tall. one of the 4 foot sides had a 5 foot door cut in it. 

fill the shaft with whatever you wanted to smoke, build a fire in the 2X4X4 box behind it with a tube into the elevator shaft and a small sliding door to control heat, and walk away for 14-16 hours for a 200 lb pig, or 4-6 hours for 50 lbs of whiting. 

we would use oak to start cooking and get a bed of coals, then toss in apple, pear, cherry, or hickory to smolder on the coals, depending on what we were smoking and flavor desired. 

it finally had enough of ma nature and fell over around 5 years ago. 

since there was not enough metal left to repair it, we just scrapped what was left of it. 

• Like 2

Yes sir TJC..   I may not even need to cut a door, maybe just some air holes with homemade dampers to control air flow..  My grill is smaller than the top opening, so I may just set it to the front, leaving the back open to drop wood into..   then to clean it out, just lift the grill off and shovel out the ashes..  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Thats great..   I just acquired this 1/4" thick 2'x2'x2' steel well cover from my City job..  I was thinking about using my old stainless steel grill on top of the box, and cutting a door into the box and putting hinges and a latch on it so i can cook with wood or do some smoking..  What do you think??  opinions??  

KIMG1531.JPG

It should work great and last pretty near forever.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 11:52 AM, tjc transport said:

$5.09 per gallon this afternoon here in jersey. 

wawa is $4.79-$4.89 depending on how busy the highway is, but everyone is complaining about getting water so i just bypass them.

You know man I’m lost I  don’t know what thier angle is but there will never be any shortage…  clearly they are aware our brain dead embarrassment has got no balls and is not going to stand for us so they will screw us all with no worries … as usual,, like wow man united we fall !!!!!!!! 

it is very simple Bob. 

they have us by the short hairs and know wee will pay their price no matter how high they raise it. 

yea people grumble, but no one actually has the balls to do anything but complain and pay. 

i am down to 4-5 gallons of gas per week with the exploder. 

i only drive to work and back, and stop at moms every other day to check the place out on the way home. 

if i go to the store or pharmacy, i take the electric mobility scooter as it is only 1/4 mile away.

• Like 1

Ha ha teen!!!! On the gasoline I ordinarily drive V6 mustang  5 trips a week back n forth work post office and Home Depot both on the way  home 16 miles a day so I really don’t use that much  either . When I was doing layover runs, I was only putting 9 gallons in the car every two weeks. Now it uses slightly more. And by the way, Joey, I could think of million things I would do with that box. Great score bud ha ha… Bob

• Like 1

Your a 'Good Egg' Bob..  I have a fire going in it right now... Once it's  burned out. I will paint it, and try to clean up the stainless..   then post a picture...  The inside of the grill and the grates are perfect..  I know it's kinda' sillly looking, but all the parts were either free or sittin here doin nothin'..  :)  The box is actually 30''x30''x30''....  I need to get a rack of ribs..  and a pile of hard wood..  I have a dying Maple tree in my yard... It's gonna be the fuel..  :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Tom

Thanks for the pictures.. It is hard to tell in the picture BUT<That 761 Brockway may be one of the last with a tilt hood??????

I always liked that part of the country, we need to take a trip out to coal country in the car to see what we can see. In the truck you didn't have much time to do any sight seeing, every road is narrow, crooked as a dog's leg, and usually steep. And narrow. I watched a movie last night that took place in Pikeville, Ky. It was pretty good, I told Zina I've been to Pikeville a few times. It's a whole different world out there in those hills. And the roads are all skinny and crooked.

1 hour ago, other dog said:

That's pretty neat, I was trying to find a place in W.V. that we delivered some long bridge girders to on steerable dollies a long time ago when I just happened upon these units sitting by the road. They're on rt. 52 near Iaeger, W.V.

rmm2b.jpg.3189b5071b4b554f65886df7ffc1c931.jpg

rmm2.jpg.78538d8da2fbc386c41014fe3f29d2e4.jpg

rmm.jpg.218c9520368789f30656742bf3e6657b.jpg

That's right down the road from Ikes Fork where my wife is from!!!