The nerve of some people...

RowdyRebel

I was trying to find a sign that I had on my driveway gate for a few years..  It said:  The average response time for   9.1.1.   is 35 minutes,,,  The average response time of a .357 Magnum, is,,  1,150 feet per second..  A few neighbors didnt care for it..  Oh well,  I also made an electric retractable gate on the end of my driveway.. My wife and I have key fob's on our key chains to operate it..       I laugh when I see the 'God Squad' walk in the neighborhood, and stare at my house, trying to figure out how to get to the doorbell..  :) 

• Like 2

many years ago a friend had a sign on his retractable gate that said "this gate is not to protect me from you...it is to protect you from me"

he got a lot of complaints about it, but the police never said anything. than one day someone stole it.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

That is exactly right...  When deputies come to my street due to the druggies, they come to talk to me, and they like my gate and I say thanks... It draws a line..  If they cross it, their mine..  They do not tell me "You shouldnt talk that way"  they just look and smile and say, "youre good"..  

• Haha 1

Years ago I was hot to get an old harley to restore and I was told about one that a guy had from the early fifty's but was told he was a real mean old state cop. So I worked up the courage and rang his door bell, we hit it off right away he said it was mind boggling how many people asked about his bike it wasn't for sale but I could buy it. A 1932 vld complete rideable bike I took it home and had it running in short order. I got lucky a little time after and scored a 1940 80 inch flathead that one needed a complete rebuild but the 80's don't grow on trees.