The nerve of some people...

RowdyRebel

19 hours ago, Mark T said:

I get the invasion of privacy part. You have to remember though, in this day and age there's all sorts of a hole things like Google Earth and all those. You wonder how people find out stuff.  Nothing is private anymore.  

Google maps satellite view of my house is at least 3 years old. Street view is blurred. Either way, can't see much.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

7 minutes ago, RowdyRebel said:

Google maps satellite view of my house is at least 3 years old. Street view is blurred. Either way, can't see much.

You get the point though.  Privacy ?   Not many have any respect for it anymore.

• Like 1

I got my Diamond T that way.. The old man did not want to sell.. stopped  by about every 6 months to BS and listen to his stories.. 2 years later he passed away on one of his sons called me to see if I still wanted it..

• Like 1

Brocky

2 hours ago, Licensed to kill said:

You may assume too much. The 2 B-61's that I bought from a guy a couple years ago were in his shed and to get TO his shed you would have to walk right past the house and there was NO indication that he even had those trucks in there. In fact, there was so much junk piled in the shed and on and around the trucks that cursory glance and they would net even been seen. However, I went and knocked on the door and asked about them. Of course I started the conversation with "I am told that you have a couple B-61 Macks . I understand that they re not for sale but thought you might know of someone else with one that might be". Maybe the guy that stopped and asked was TOLD by someone else that you had it there and came to check if it was for sale. At any rate, this thread I find disturbing on a few levels. One being that I am a STAUNCH supporter of gun ownership rights but when I hear someone state that they would threaten someone with a gun just for stopping and asking a question, well it gets difficult to argue with the anti gun crowd when you hear of things like that. 

Wasn't so much his asking as it was his attitude. I told him it wasn't for sale & he pushed, wanting to know what it would take for me to sell a truck I'd already told him wasn't for sale. He kept pushing when I told him it'd take more than he'd be willing to pay, wanting me to name a price. So I named my price & (as I anticipated) he wasn't willing to pay it. Then the way he said "That's too much" earned him the "Get the f*** out of here". Had he stuck around and kept pushing, I would've had to get more convincing about my desire to see him leave...which is where the .45 might have played a roll. How many times do you have to tell a trespasser to get gone before you think it's acceptable to make it unmistakably clear in a manner which drives home the point that they aren't welcome and need to get the f*** off your property?

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

4 minutes ago, RowdyRebel said:

Wasn't so much his asking as it was his attitude. I told him it wasn't for sale & he pushed, wanting to know what it would take for me to sell a truck I'd already told him wasn't for sale. He kept pushing when I told him it'd take more than he'd be willing to pay, wanting me to name a price. So I named my price & (as I anticipated) he wasn't willing to pay it. Then the way he said "That's too much" earned him the "Get the f*** out of here". Had he stuck around and kept pushing, I would've had to get more convincing about my desire to see him leave...which is where the .45 might have played a roll. How many times do you have to tell a trespasser to get gone before you think it's acceptable to make it unmistakably clear in a manner which drives home the point that they aren't welcome and need to get the f*** off your property?

That helps the story out a lot more haha. 

Yea that guy can F off. Keep an eye for him now as he may be disgruntled about the whole situation and knowing he can’t have it. Like you said before, the whole situation is odd that he even knew it was there and possibly looked at it close enough to want to make an offer on it?

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling

I agree with Licensed to Kill on this one. Even if someone gives alil attitude it's still would be no reason for me to pull out a gun on them. I live in the country and I don't like people snooping around my land but I ain't gonna pull my 12ga on them just for Stopping and asking a question and giving me alil attitude in the process. Best bet would be to post No trespassing signs along with Not for sale signs etc. And yes I have a reputation with our local law enforcement as well on how I conduct myself when it comes to my property and my parents property etc. Cops I don't have a clue who they are all know me. 

• Like 1

in todays sad world , can't ever let your guard down. this yard things are locked and covered. doesn't have to be a delivery driver or stranger who come in the yard. could be the guy in a coffee shop, etc sitting near listening to a conversation from  someone couple seats over talking about your stuff  that has the  negative ideas. darn sad there are scum that read the obits in the paper seeing when the funerals are knowing no one home and time to rob the house. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 5:24 PM, Mark T said:

Maybe you could try putting an Amway sign up.  That's often enough to keep people away, or Mona Via

I know people in Florida who have the ADT Home Security sign displayed in the front yard. That's all, just the sign. But I have a Ring Camera sign on the shed door. We got a Ring camera for Christmas one year, but it didn't work. We called Ring security and found it was a refurbished unit that was still registered to the old number and they claimed they couldn't change it. So I just stuck the sticker on the door anyway, don't remember what I did with the camera.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

True that, O.D.   I have ADT, 14 years now.. I was given 4 signs with it..  I gave two of my signs to neighbors, and to this day they still have them out front of their houses...  :) But don't have the service 

• Like 1

i have this on the front door:

front door.jpg

anyone that knocks on the door are asked "can you forking read" 

then i slam the door in their face before they can say anything. 

and then call the police and report them for soliciting without a permit........which is a BIG fine in my town. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Well that's a nice way of putting it..  I put up no trespassing signs one year on my 400 foot long road side fence, and one of my neighbors got pissed at me and shot two of them a bunch of times with his BB gun.. The law man told me there was nothing they could do about it..  This same neighbor shot my shop 3 times last fall, and the law man told me the same thing..  And I said to him,. Well it wasn't me who shot holes into my shop that earns my living..  He said he needed proof...    This neighbor has vandalized my property 6 times in ten years,. Same story from the law man every time..  anyway...  

58 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Well that's a nice way of putting it..  I put up no trespassing signs one year on my 400 foot long road side fence, and one of my neighbors got pissed at me and shot two of them a bunch of times with his BB gun.. The law man told me there was nothing they could do about it..  This same neighbor shot my shop 3 times last fall, and the law man told me the same thing..  And I said to him,. Well it wasn't me who shot holes into my shop that earns my living..  He said he needed proof...    This neighbor has vandalized my property 6 times in ten years,. Same story from the law man every time..  anyway...  

I was out in the driveway wrenching on the Suburban several years ago...had the intake manifold off doing something (can't remember what). Anyway, I'd hear a shotgun blast...then I'd hear the little lead pellets raining down on my roof, vehicles, etc. So, I jumped on the Harley & took off toward where the shots were coming from. Start to pull into a driveway to head back by some grain bins (where the shots seemed to be coming from) and an old man steps out of the house onto the porch & asks if he can help me. I not-so-politely informed him that whoever was doing the shooting was doing so in my direction, and that I didn't appreciate the lead shower they were bestowing upon me...and that if it continued I'd be returning fire, but it sure as hell wouldn't be birdshot coming their way.

Shooting stopped & I've never had that problem again.👍

• Like 2