Spindle nut torque specs 2006 Mack Granite

mackone

Hi, I had to replace a wheel seal on a 2006 Mack Granite dumptruck on the rear axle, and it only has one spindle nut with 2 small allen screws that tighten down in notches in the lock behind the nut,was wanting to know the procedure and torque specs, I have done several on my r model that has 2 nuts and lock that goes between them ,but never done one like this.  Thanks,Denny

Yes sir.  So you have the single nut with 2 allen screws and a notch in it, and a lock ring behind it?  So basically,,,,,   tighten the nut down with about 200+ lbft of torque, ( bearing pre-load)  then back it off and put 50+ lbft back on it..  rotate the wheel hub and feel it..  it should have a smooth roll but not tight..  the notch is a sight..  line it up to a space in the lock ring and the 2 set screws will be lined up with a space on each one..  That keeps you aimed right..   I dont have any pictures..  It's not that hard... I like them better than the 3 piece Mack set up..   jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
more content needed
  • Like 2