If you had the opportunity to redesign the Mack chassis and the MP engines what would you change?

5 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I do like the new color Volvo is using on the new engines. 

image.png.832df0d0d26084e588fecb4d01d36af2.png

Horses ass of a different color  !  I to like the color ! Its still Volvo trash! One of my customers used to call his Volvos  the Girly trucks !  Just repeating a statement !  Topics of this poster do not reflect the nature of the BMT web site we are an all inclusive group! 😉 Sometimes!😅

And notice there is enough room below the compressor for that HPCR pump  install an electric fuel pump and proper fuel pedestal  good to go!

Just sayin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fjh said:

Horses ass of a different color  !  I to like the color ! Its still Volvo trash! One of my customers used to call his Volvos  the Girly trucks !  Just repeating a statement !  Topics of this poster do not reflect the nature of the BMT web site we are an all inclusive group! 😉 Sometimes!😅

And notice there is enough room below the compressor for that HPCR pump  install an electric fuel pump and proper fuel pedestal  good to go!

Just sayin!

Lots of room, give it a few more years and there will be one. Have any of you guys heard what one of these MP8 s sound like deleted? I hadn’t and looked some up today and I was actually amazed at how good they sound. There isn’t many vids out there….

I have read this thread a few times..   I really think that I have NO CLUE..  I used to work on and maintain, what ACTUALLY worked...   These newer engines may have the power and performance, but , they cant do it for 500,00 miles+ before a MAJOR repair is needed..  I really think that some of us have been brainwashed into thinking this new TECH is the answer...  These new engines produce a lot of broken parts that cant be re-built , and that put's parts in the trash..  not recycled. also,  sure older engines got 6+ MPG, but they did it honestly.   So there was a little smoke..  So what... These engines kept the trucks moving and these newer trucks are just an appeasement for some dumbasses that dont move freight..  Maybe these tree huggers need to run the exhaust through an exhaust BONG  that is a water tank instead of a DEF tank,  and let the water filter out the junk.  Then you pull up to a waste water dump station like RV's use when they dump their gray and black water, then refill the truck BONG with new water and drive on...  Water is an incredible filter...  OK...  So there's my CRAZY thought...  😘  Jojo

• Like 2

GO BACK ONLY 20YRS;;  i'm all in favor of going back when an engine ran well, smoked a little , ran for=== A LONG TIME : I'm no fool-won't  put a number in that spot. can't go back physically  , toooo bad.  "new tech" has one goal  :what's in it for me.  this electric crap- one starts the process everyone else jumps in so as not to loose $$$. take away alot of the electronic stuff , let the driver drive it ; you won't have a 250k truck on the side of the road because of a sensor or what ever.  this is only an ole man thoughts, I can remember if a truck had a million miles or more without a major repair it was big time  bragging rite.sure they run for millions more miles today , how many times in the shop do todays "junk"end up to get all those miles. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I have read this thread a few times..   I really think that I have NO CLUE..  I used to work on and maintain, what ACTUALLY worked...   These newer engines may have the power and performance, but , they cant do it for 500,00 miles+ before a MAJOR repair is needed..  I really think that some of us have been brainwashed into thinking this new TECH is the answer...  These new engines produce a lot of broken parts that cant be re-built , and that put's parts in the trash..  not recycled. also,  sure older engines got 6+ MPG, but they did it honestly.   So there was a little smoke..  So what... These engines kept the trucks moving and these newer trucks are just an appeasement for some dumbasses that dont move freight..  Maybe these tree huggers need to run the exhaust through an exhaust BONG  that is a water tank instead of a DEF tank,  and let the water filter out the junk.  Then you pull up to a waste water dump station like RV's use when they dump their gray and black water, then refill the truck BONG with new water and drive on...  Water is an incredible filter...  OK...  So there's my CRAZY thought...  😘  Jojo

guess that's where the phrase " things change with the times" . imagine if the Mack bros or Henry Ford came back to todays world . have to wonder would they be amazed at technology  or sadden by the mess. another 65-75yrs most of us will be gone; what would we come back to?? amazing technology or a BIGGER MESS. in high school I designed a 3 dimensional drawing of a big rig; combo off set cab and  the freightliner  hood. before freightliner came out with it. no I don't have it threw too many things away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onyx610 said:

Lots of room, give it a few more years and there will be one. Have any of you guys heard what one of these MP8 s sound like deleted? I hadn’t and looked some up today and I was actually amazed at how good they sound. There isn’t many vids out there….

not bad ;; still like the 866  ' bad a-- sound and power for the day. 

14 hours ago, fjh said:

Sorry bro you can’t make a six cylinder anything sound good to me!V8 is music to my ears.

Have you ever heard those Scania V8s? 🤤

Edited by Onyx610

On 10/22/2022 at 11:09 AM, Onyx610 said:

Honestly these new engines would be soo much better if it wasn’t for the emissions.

I wholeheartedly Agree..

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

3 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Redesign that stupid hot pipe as well or maybe the gaskets? I forgot about that nightmare. If you know…you know….

You talking about the EGR valve to EGR cooler elbow pipe? Sometimes I just had to walk away after trying to get that thing to seal after 5-6 tries. We made a couple of specialty tools to install and pressure test the connection. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

You have anything to add? Id like to hear others opinion on the subject in general even if it’s not the mp8. Good topic, keep it going. 

Nope, you've covered everything..

The High range Syncro in the M Drive is a bit prone to Failure.. But there's an aftermarket Fix for That,,

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

5 hours ago, Mackpro said:

You talking about the EGR valve to EGR cooler elbow pipe? Sometimes I just had to walk away after trying to get that thing to seal after 5-6 tries. We made a couple of specialty tools to install and pressure test the connection. 

Yup that one. I don’t know what It is with that thing….what are these tools you speak of?? Haha

8 hours ago, Mackpro said:

It’s nice to hear that I’m not the only person out there that gets my ass handed to me by a stupid U pipe. It’s also extremely nice to hear that someone of your skill set and knowledge has problems with it as well. That thing can make you feel pretty stupid haha. It’s funny how it has a very distinct sound when it leaks, sounds like a tea pot. Comes and goes through the rpm range as it should, as it’s tied to the egr valve. If it’s all the way through the rpm range then it’s a good way to tell that the valve is stuck open. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Redesign that stupid hot pipe as well or maybe the gaskets? I forgot about that nightmare. If you know…you know….

They had the fix for that when they bought Mack AC tube flange was fine! just chose not to use it !

• Like 2