2014 mack bell housing oil leak

I have a 2014 mack cxu 613 pinnacle that has engine oil leaking from the bell housing between the engine and transmission. Its making my transmission clutch slip. I was told that it may be a rear main seal leak or some common thing with the mack where a bolt in between the engine and transmission backs off and shaves through the housing. Any possible solution to the issue im experiencing?

The bell housing is pretty much sealed from engine  oil so it point to the rear main seal. They update the rear main seal a few years back . The new one goes in what looks like backwards best I remember. We put a couple in and they leaked worse. We found out that we put them in backwards. Check your transmission fluid If you have a Mack manual transmission, the oil pump for the trans cooling is inside the transmission bell housing . We have replaced the piping and hoses and o-rings inside the bell housing multiple times on our manual trans trucks due to leaking into the clutch area. There was updated parts fir this as well. In one extreme case I saw a bull gear go down and eat through the rear engine timing cover/bell housing. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Albert Harris said:

I was told the rear mains don’t leak and that it was most likely the bull gear eatiing through. I’m hoping that’s not the issue. The truck goes into surgery this coming Friday! 

Let us know! Hopefully it’s not the bull gear, but either way it needs fixed…

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Albert Harris said:

I was told the rear mains don’t leak and that it was most likely the bull gear eatiing through. I’m hoping that’s not the issue. The truck goes into surgery this coming Friday! 

If you were exhibiting any of the other issues in this post !                     chances are there diagnostic is correct that said its a costly affair!

• Like 1