I don’t have an answer for you, but my A model fire truck has a red painted interior and you can see the green under it where it was worn.  I’m sure the red was done by Mack as all the Mack fire trucks I have seen had red interior.  The exterior of mine was ordered yellow. Just because yours has green under the brown doesn’t mean Mack didn’t paint it brown.  Mike 

The upsman part kinda makes me think of UPS.....one explanation for the brown.  I know when they'd buy trucks they'd have their way and not get emblems and such.  Only recently you start seeing anything on them.  They might not have even had Bulldogs on them to open hoods if I remember right.

• Like 1

yeah,,, UPS and USPS,  had the pedestals on the hood's, but no Pup's..   That one looks like about a '96..   I worked on a lot of these many years ago...   No 'Pup's'  On the hood..   :( and the grill doesnt have MACK on it either...   Those that were spring ride,  were noisy to drive...   Clackity Clack Clack...   Now i'm thinkin 'bout the old USPS cab overs I used to drive to and from, to get them to the shop, then back to their yards.. Single 'x' tractor,  real short wheelbase, Allison 5 or 6 spd.  55 mph tops.   and I always thought If I had to slam on brakes, the damn thing would sit on its nose and I would be looking at the road... :) MR's??  not MH's  .  jojo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

That's cool. I wonder when they started to put pups on the hood? Does the grill say Mack too ?

No still don’t say Mack except for the occasional one that has grill replaced after an incident and all they could get. 

On 9/27/2022 at 12:18 AM, Joey Mack said:

yeah,,, UPS and USPS,  had the pedestals on the hood's, but no Pup's..   That one looks like about a '96..   I worked on a lot of these many years ago...   No 'Pup's'  On the hood..   :( and the grill doesnt have MACK on it either...   Those that were spring ride,  were noisy to drive...   Clackity Clack Clack...   Now i'm thinkin 'bout the old USPS cab overs I used to drive to and from, to get them to the shop, then back to their yards.. Single 'x' tractor,  real short wheelbase, Allison 5 or 6 spd.  55 mph tops.   and I always thought If I had to slam on brakes, the damn thing would sit on its nose and I would be looking at the road... :) MR's??  not MH's  .  jojo

Joey from What I could find and I also found several conversations on here about the UPS cabovers. They did Run MH Ultra liners, F-Series, Diamond Reo and and even some Peterbilts back in the day. And some did Run the MC/MR cabovers which is also What the USPS runs still to this day. Also They Ran GMC ASTROs as well.

Edited by The Rubber Duck 006
  • Like 2

I can remember the Astro's, Diamond REO's and F Models.. There is an UPS F model in the America on Wheels museum in Allentown PA, hooked to a single axle pup trailer which has a video screen up on the deck and seating by the wheel boxes.

• Like 1

Brocky

story I was told is , UPS figured the cost each mack letter on hood and the cost of the bulldog ; had the total eliminated from the truck. makes sense if a company is buying thousands of units . Mack provided the bull dog on each truck. also UPS didn't want to be an advertiser for anyones product. keep in mind this is back 50 yrs ago. seeing the brown interior first thought was a UPS truck. never remember seeing one back then either.

• Like 1

I grew up with Several terminals around. CCX,YELLOW, ROADWAY,CF,And UPS. I turn 35yrs old tomorrow and I can remember Roadway had the cabover ford,CF( Consolidated Freight) had cabover Freightliners,CcX had setback axle Ford conventionals,Yellow had GMC Brigadier type day cabs,and Ups had the Mack Ultra liner cabover 

I was going to ask you if you had big plans for tomorrow..  I always liked the look of the Brigadier..  I never worked on one, though..  I look forward to seeing this B-Model, when he gets more done to it..  I kinda like the brown interior.. I have only seen green ones,, and the red ones that are fire trucks..  I had the pleasure of driving one last year..  It was an "A" model Mack fire truck,  a very rare truck..  I drove it about 70 miles..  I will PM you a picture,  dont want to steal this guys post.. :) 

• Like 1