Turbo Swap VGT delete MP10

ltamikey
Go to solution Solved by ltamikey,

2 hours ago, Vmac3 said:

If the turbo is closed then too much exhaust back pressure is building up and you don't have enough exhaust scavenging. That will cause the engine not to run smoothly. It will always be under load. 

I would remove the actuator and move the lever while the engine is running. If it clears up when the turbo is open then the issue can be with the tune or the turbo. I don't know, just a guy thinking out loud. 

V

7 hours ago, ltamikey said:

FJH- there is no DPF/SCR/EGR DEF systems left on this truck. Running its 4th jake controller since this started. Hopefully, the correct injectors cure the issue. 

Make sure you check them slaves as v mentioned! Hopefully injectors cure it how ever grasping straws and chucking parts is expensive!

I'm sorry, but I'm leaning towards workmanship...  and I also think that it is programming after he said,  the head replacement and cam timing is good...  So, Dirtymilkman..  is likely correct... 

13 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I'm sorry, but I'm leaning towards workmanship...  and I also think that it is programming after he said,  the head replacement and cam timing is good...  So, Dirtymilkman..  is likely correct... 

yup it’s deleted so it’s a crap shoot !Takes your chances with this! Hopefully don’t crack the head! Seen so many isx turn in to shower heads by deleting with the wrong programming! Could be Just a night mare!

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

I know that I have no knowledge on how to make a 'delete' work..   because, I learned years ago,  the creators of these ECM's, knew what they were doing... They are fully tied into the Govt. branches that control this "green" bull shit..  A lot of guys hear thing's on the C.B. or social media, that they can get 100+ HP, with a delete..  But what they don't know is that the people that built these ECM's..  already knew that guy's were going to try to get around the rule's...  and they put fail safe's or whatever in the ECM's...  I truly understand what truckers are trying to accomplish,  but...   it aint gonna happen...   Just buy a real truck, and rebuild the engine, and tranny if needed , replace the rear end oils, and go on and make the money.  I know it's easy for me to post this,  but  i'm right....    correct me if i'm wrong....  anyone...  correct me....   jojo

Not wrong just the way you think. I thlnk like you also! How ever when you’re being squeezed for old parts that they are trying to make extinct the writings on the wall!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

I know that I have no knowledge on how to make a 'delete' work..   because, I learned years ago,  the creators of these ECM's, knew what they were doing... They are fully tied into the Govt. branches that control this "green" bull shit..  A lot of guys hear thing's on the C.B. or social media, that they can get 100+ HP, with a delete..  But what they don't know is that the people that built these ECM's..  already knew that guy's were going to try to get around the rule's...  and they put fail safe's or whatever in the ECM's...  I truly understand what truckers are trying to accomplish,  but...   it aint gonna happen...   Just buy a real truck, and rebuild the engine, and tranny if needed , replace the rear end oils, and go on and make the money.  I know it's easy for me to post this,  but  i'm right....    correct me if i'm wrong....  anyone...  correct me....   jojo

💯, you hit the nail on the head…we hear more issues about these deleted trucks then we do stock. Also the issues we hear about with these deleted trucks is a lot of times catastrophic. None of these “programmers” are smarter than the engineers these big truck companies hired. These deletes have been going on since about 09-10 since the first emissions came out. The government/manufactures have got it bullet proof by now. Pay now or pay later.  By the way the smoke in your vid looks blue to me so looks to be oil involved. If it’s white and I can’t see from the vid, then that’s usually low fuel pressure, low compression, or wayyyy over fueled. I think vmac is onto something though. 

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...