looking mack service manual

petehall12

Question

15 answers to this question

I dont know of 'One' book that covers it all..   So.... I assume you want engine/ tranny/ driveline/ rears/  elec. schematics?  What else?   I have many REAL books for your truck... I hope you have a manual tranny, which would be a 300 series..   I have all of them too..  What I dont have is extra E-Tech/ ASET books....   jojo

the fuel system is easy...  you can get what you need here when you post questions..  your engine is an ASET-I,,   basically an E-Tech with a few tweeks..  as far as schematics's...   yes, good to have,  but if you have a V-MacIII book,,, and a skill set for elec diag..  you can fix all of it...   V-MACIII book #8-211....(there are new issues)  E-TECH  #Engine 5-106...    jojo

ok...  first check the 2 wires going to the EUP for chaffing...  are you having low power issues?  the Mack code is 8-6..  so what tool are you reading it with?  Do you know that when the lightning bolt is on, you can flash the codes with the cruise control buttons?  jojo

That’s how I have checked I push the two buttons on the dash the trip and reset button and hold them for about 5-10 seconds and pull the code but everytime I try to check with my computer the engine light is out. No low power issues. The truck runs really good it doesn’t have a miss or anything. I also have 300 series tranny what is the book for it if you dont mind

2 hours ago, petehall12 said:

I am currently having issues with my #6 injector it is intermittently throwing a s6-08 code and have no  idea we’re to start

When the FMI is 8 on a unit pump it’s usually intermittent as you have found . Most of the time the FMI 8  on any of  the 6 EUP’s shows up when the engine is cold and goes inactive when it warms up to operating temp.  However I’ve seen it do the exact opposite a few times.  Usually there is no engine miss or noticeable change in performance. A lot of guys run them a while longer till the code starts staying on more than off, at least around here. This is most common on number 6 due to the exhaust pipe being so close to it . Hopefully all the heat shields are still on the EUP’s. 

10 hours ago, Mackpro said:

When the FMI is 8 on a unit pump it’s usually intermittent as you have found . Most of the time the FMI 8  on any of  the 6 EUP’s shows up when the engine is cold and goes inactive when it warms up to operating temp.  However I’ve seen it do the exact opposite a few times.  Usually there is no engine miss or noticeable change in performance. A lot of guys run them a while longer till the code starts staying on more than off, at least around here. This is most common on number 6 due to the exhaust pipe being so close to it . Hopefully all the heat shields are still on the EUP’s. 

Alright so I need to plan on replacing the eup. Is there a separate wiring harness for those with the truck being a 2004 if nobody has changed it. I imagine the wiring is going to be very brittle. With the eup do you guys recommend going back with Mack or is there a better aftermarket one. 

Edited by petehall12

The engine harness is one piece,  One thing you could try, is to swap the #6 EUP with another easy one to reach, and see if the code follows the EUP.. you can do this carefully with out damaging the orings,  just make sure the chamfer is clean and smooth before installing the EUP..  then when you torque the bolts,  be careful.  new bolts torque to 60lbft,  but you may want to back it down 10lbft..  when you go back new, you will have o-rings and get new bolts at that time..   jojo

I have several T-300  books,. Which tranny is yours,. T-310/ T-310M?  For example...  Then I should be able to post the book number..  I also have 2 extra sets of Mack tranny and driveline books to sell. About 15 books per set..  They are the real ones..  you can P.M me if you need more info.  Jojo

On 8/14/2022 at 9:46 PM, Mackpro said:

Would the Eup’s cause the turbo to intermittently quit building boost for about 5-15 seconds and then go back to working with out a check engine light coming on? Carried it to Mack on this issue and the technician told me that it was ecm computer software issue. But Mack wants me to install 6 new eup’s before they will try the new computer file. Was wondering if anybody here had a idea. 

Edited by petehall12

Which EUP?..   In the past, I have swapped the faulty one with a good one to see if the code follows the faulty EUP.  if it does, I replace it, if not, I look at the wiring...  jojo

9 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Which EUP?..   In the past, I have swapped the faulty one with a good one to see if the code follows the faulty EUP.  if it does, I replace it, if not, I look at the wiring...  jojo

They didn’t say which one they just want to replace all 6.