Did you know ?

mrsmackpaul

Im pretty sure JFK had scoliosis of the spin as a child and should never of been allowed to join the military 

The Kennedy's had a lot of pull and Jack really wanted to do his part so got let in

As I remember it, the military tried to give Jack a desk job but he would have none of that

So they gave him a commission on a broken PT boat 

As the story goes he  and his crew of misfits  got it going and serviceable 

So back to your question Dave, his back was squashed during the accident and this with his previous scoscoliosis left Jack quite disabled by todays standards

Thats my understanding from a young bloke growing up and what was taught to me

Paul

• Thanks 1

John Kennedy was never groomed to be a politician, or to run the family enterprises. 

that was his older brother Joe's position, but Joe was killed on a top secret naval air mission in 1944 when his plane went down. John's father considered John not smart enough. 

but after Joe was killed, John took over as second oldest 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Mark, i am old enough to remember when the media told the truth and did not try to deceive the public. 

I wasn't even born when JFK was around. I can remember seeing the Nixon saga on TV, but at that time I was aggravated it was cut'n into cartoons.

being old enough to remember " where were you when news came" President John Kennedy has been assassinated .  all the politicians have faults = so do we. JFK was a good pres, i still see lbj's face on the plane after the murder. all he wanted was to get it over with so he and his co conspirators can start the money making scheme( keeping nam going)JFK was standing in the way of. the warren commission "investigated " the plot; why is it they wait 75 yrs after the fact to tell the truth!!! 13 more yrs to go. simple we will all be gone that were around then. no one today cares about the lincoln assassination . joe jr an accident ??? nope . John. Bobby then john jr flying upside down = really . SORRY  Grand kids

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Mark, i am old enough to remember when the media told the truth and did not try to deceive the public. 

Sounds like we have the same media clowns you blokes have 

On a different note, when people shrug there shoulders and say, "I'm only one person, what can I do ?"

Well truth is we never can tell, one coast watcher from the other side of the world organized a rescue for some jokers that had a bit more than a love tap in their plywood boat  with a Jap destroyer, that on it's own is pretty  amazing

To then think that Captain of the ply wood boat went onto become the President of a country, that President with a calm thinking head stopped a nuclear war in Cubba that was on a knife edge of happening that would of destroyed the world

That same President also put the space race into over drive, he vowed that with in 10 years there would be a man on the moon and safely returned to earth 

All because one coast watcher hiding in jungle  thousands of miles from home saw something, recieved information and acted on it 

I guess we all have this chance to make a difference, kinda strange when I think of it 

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mark T said:

This is some really interesting stuff. Sad thing is it's way easier to find info about his affairs or what ever other retarded stuff the media puts out there. I never knew 90 percent of what I've read in this thread. 

Funny that I know very little about his affairs, but more this type of stuff and Im not a American 

Do they even teach this type of stuff in the States ?

Paul 

15 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Funny that I know very little about his affairs, but more this type of stuff and Im not a American 

Do they even teach this type of stuff in the States ?

Paul 

I was talking about this with an older friend of mine (@67)  he said he was told about it in grade school. I don't remember ever hearing any of it  (I'm 56) now ?  I have no idea what's taught in schools. But as far as I can see you're much more likely to see something media sensationalizes as scandalous than any of this history. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 6:19 PM, davehummell said:

When I was in high school I read the book about JFK on the PT 109 it was an interesting read. If I remember he ended up with a back injury if my memory is working right.

I read somewhere that JFK was wearing a back brace due to this injury and that is why he could not bend over and take cover after the first shot leaving him upright and exposed to the next two shots. 

• Like 2

On 8/13/2022 at 8:19 PM, davehummell said:

When I was in high school I read the book about JFK on the PT 109 it was an interesting read. If I remember he ended up with a back injury if my memory is working right.

I read the book too, great read. They made a movie about it based on the book too, it's been years since I've seen it though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:45 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Sounds like we have the same media clowns you blokes have 

You can Thank Rupert for that, Paul..:idunno:

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

On 8/15/2022 at 5:17 AM, Licensed to kill said:

I read somewhere that JFK was wearing a back brace due to this injury and that is why he could not bend over and take cover after the first shot leaving him upright and exposed to the next two shots. 

they wanted JFK taken down; even if he could have moved one of the shooters  would have finish the mission.

• Like 1