No Big Deal

other dog

I tried to post a pic of what I did on the corner of my property,(10 years ago),  where my fence was hit several times by drunks and crackheads..  I have 3 , 18" by 6' concrete pipes that have steel mesh inside.. D.O.T. pipe..  2 weeks ago an 18 wheeler flatbed came down my little street, but couldnt make the swing around my corner.   I went out there with my forklift and picked it up on the ICC bumper and moved it to the middle of the turn so he could drive off..  His trailer was resting on my pipes..  anyway,  i didnt photo the truck, my wife, who is also a driver, was instructing him from our fence, to tell him how to pull forward, while I was lifting him and putting him into place..  It was cool and I know a few of you would have had a laugh.. ..  jojo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

well, i tried..  I guess it's a small picture... jojo

That reminds me of the time I was hauling concrete pipe out of Roanoke. They had a couple of trucks there all the time, the drivers lived in Roanoke. That's all they did, was haul concrete pipe. But if they were extra busy, or there was a big highway project going on, they would put more trucks up there. Many times I would go to Roanoke and just haul pipe for weeks at a time. 

One day I took a load out to a job off of rt. 100, north of Dublin. You went a little ways up the mountain, then turned onto a dirt road that they had bull dozed into the woods. It was a pretty good ways back in the woods, up and down some really steep hills. When you got back to where they were working, there was no room to turn around so they would hook a cable to the back of the trailer and pick it up with the track hoe. Then they would swing the trailer out over the cliff while you got the truck turned around.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

My wife used to haul lime out of the plant there in ripplemeade..  off rt.100   ,, she drove a Columbia with a 3 bay dry bulk trailer,,  She drove for Johnson concrete, and supplied 4 plants with  product..  Those pipes are from Johnson concrete..  I maintained their fleet for 7 1/2 years.     jojo

On 8/8/2022 at 1:51 PM, Joey Mack said:

My wife used to haul lime out of the plant there in ripplemeade..  off rt.100   ,, she drove a Columbia with a 3 bay dry bulk trailer,,  She drove for Johnson concrete, and supplied 4 plants with  product..  Those pipes are from Johnson concrete..  I maintained their fleet for 7 1/2 years.     jojo

When I first hauled concrete pipe out of Roanoke I think the plant was called Paracrete, then it was Concrete Pipe and Products for a while, then I believe they changed the name again. Same facility, just different names. I don't know if they're still in operation or not.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

O.D.   I feel like you know my wife...   :)  I made a donation to BMT today, so maybe I will be able to post a full size picture of my Pipe...  :)  jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
poor sperring..
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1