Pictures of the Week

other dog

9 minutes ago, 85snowdog said:

Thanks so much for sharing your pics . As always , they are great photos .

I tried to pick my favourite , but there is so many nice trucks I couldn't . lol . 

Thanks again 

You are welcome 😁.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Looks like a great event, also looks like Im gunna have to take up golf by those golf karts ☺️

International Scouts always looked good to me but were big sellers in Australia, dont think were big sellers in the State's either 

There's a way I was taught to reduce the size of imgages all at once and 100s upon 100s can be done in one go

Have a look if your interested, I  still had to get a hand the first go or to but once I new how it really is as simple as 

Paul 

1 hour ago, Swishy said:

OtherDog

gudday m8

gr8 pix & Album

twaz hope  n 4 a few pix of truck bits

If U kno wot eye mean

LOL

http://4everstatic.com/pictures/850xX/cars/trucks/large-truck,-woman-in-bikini,-brunette,-blonde-210197.jpg

Swishy, here on the other side of the pond we call those "truck bits"  seatcovers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

4 hours ago, Swishy said:

OtherDog

gudday m8

gr8 pix & Album

twaz hope  n 4 a few pix of truck bits

If U kno wot eye mean

LOL

http://4everstatic.com/pictures/850xX/cars/trucks/large-truck,-woman-in-bikini,-brunette,-blonde-210197.jpg

I was hoping to too, there were plenty of photo-worthy specimens there Friday, as it was close to 90 degrees. I just never...it would have been too obvious is I guess what i'm trying to say.😁 

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Looks like a great event, also looks like Im gunna have to take up golf by those golf karts ☺️

International Scouts always looked good to me but were big sellers in Australia, dont think were big sellers in the State's either 

There's a way I was taught to reduce the size of imgages all at once and 100s upon 100s can be done in one go

Have a look if your interested, I  still had to get a hand the first go or to but once I new how it really is as simple as 

Paul 

thanks, I will check this out. I do mine one at a time, and usually crop people, golf carts, poles, or something out of every single one, that's what's so time consuming.

• Like 2

By the way, all these pictures are still on my camera, full size and uncut if anybody wants me to send them any of them. I'm going to delete them, but I haven't yet. I delete mine every time I put them on the computer, Zina on the other hand has never deleted any off her camera since I gave it to her for Christmas several years ago. Which is like 2,200 pictures, I just looked. Good thing I got her a big memory card for it too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, other dog said:

By the way, all these pictures are still on my camera, full size and uncut if anybody wants me to send them any of them. I'm going to delete them, but I haven't yet. I delete mine every time I put them on the computer, Zina on the other hand has never deleted any off her camera since I gave it to her for Christmas several years ago. Which is like 2,200 pictures, I just looked. Good thing I got her a big memory card for it too.

Tom, I got to good practice (as it seems to me) using my digital camera. I just buy new memory card after a current one is full, or preferrably a bit earlier if I'm going to some event or a trip. The "used" one gets off and puts on a shelf with a mark on it. So you can always access all your images in original resolution if ever need.

Nice looking r model indeed. Bronze color is fine! Seems like difficult to purchase and also keep owning. But no need to restore since she's self making up.

Haven't opened the Macungie album yet. Just going to. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I used to crop photos once but I noticed that while looking at photos from many many years ago that the most interesting part wasnt the subject of the photo originally but rather something in the background 

I also got into the habit of just getting every photo printed as I  worry that years to come some photos will get lost because they are stored on technology that is out of date 

A bit like if I was to have stuff stored on a computer floppy disk from say the 90's I would have no idea about getting access to it today

Remember those big laser discs before DVD's that were around 12 inches diameter, could we even watch one today

Or DVD's in 10 years time ?

Paul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Tom, I got to good practice (as it seems to me) using my digital camera. I just buy new memory card after a current one is full, or preferrably a bit earlier if I'm going to some event or a trip. The "used" one gets off and puts on a shelf with a mark on it. So you can always access all your images in original resolution if ever need.

Nice looking r model indeed. Bronze color is fine! Seems like difficult to purchase and also keep owning. But no need to restore since she's self making up.

Haven't opened the Macungie album yet. Just going to. Thanks in advance!

Oh...wow, that's a great idea, how come I never thought of that?

• Like 1

I'm really glad to say thanks for the Macungie photo album!

Spent a couple of hours yesterday observing the pics of those nice trucks. Sure saved a few on my hard drive. Although it's difficult to choose a favorite in such the case my "truck of the day" was a rusty heavy L-model on a lowboy hooked up to a Pete tractor.

Worth to mention the fuel money you spent on the drive to the show gave fun for many others either. Very appreciated!

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

I'm really glad to say thanks for the Macungie photo album!

Spent a couple of hours yesterday observing the pics of those nice trucks. Sure saved a few on my hard drive. Although it's difficult to choose a favorite in such the case my "truck of the day" was a rusty heavy L-model on a lowboy hooked up to a Pete tractor.

Worth to mention the fuel money you spent on the drive to the show gave fun for many others either. Very appreciated!

You're welcome Vlad, we enjoy going and I enjoy taking pictures. I even enjoy that editing part. 

I read a review a while back about a "magic bullet" lens for a Nikon camera, an 18-300mm. lens. I would love to have one of those, but when I looked on Amazon it was a thousand dollar lens. But it would take the place of all the lenses I have now, which is only three. Then I could take everything from wide angle to super zoomed shots with that same lens. I just keep the smallest one I've got on the camera, but it doesn't have much zoom capability. If I used the next bigger one I have to be 50 yards away to get more than just a door in the frame, so I make do with what I've got.

I should get a new memory card for Zina's camera and try that sometime. Her's doesn't have interchangeable lenses but it has awesome zoom, it's one of those super-powered P900's. It has 83x zoom, equivalent to a 24-2000 lens. And it takes great pictures.

I have a Panasonic with 60x zoom that's my "everyday" camera. That's the one I used to carry in the truck, but the picture quality is not even close to the Nikon.

• Like 1

That picture no. 5025 is U model nut by the way. Everybody remembers U model nut.

He bought a fuel tank at the flea market and he was riding on a golf cart holding the tank. His girlfriend was riding, I guess a friend was the wheel man, or it might have been the seller just hauling the tank for him. He was just a youngster when he was a regular on here, now he's a grown ass man. I talked to him for a few minutes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

what is picture 5025, and how would we find it?

Go to the truck shows and events area of this forum and click on the Macungie thread. Scroll down towards the bottom and there is a big picture otherdog posted of a real tricked out late model international owned by Tackaberry. Cliking on that picture takes you to otherdog's flickr album of Macungie 2022

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 67RModel said:

Go to the truck shows and events area of this forum and click on the Macungie thread. Scroll down towards the bottom and there is a big picture otherdog posted of a real tricked out late model international owned by Tackaberry. Cliking on that picture takes you to otherdog's flickr album of Macungie 2022

That's right, and it's here on this thread too, a few posts back.

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

i know that. but like i said, what is pic 5025, and how would i find it? 

i went to that album and searched for picture 5025 and got nothing. 

All the pictures have a number. They look like this on my computer.nmbr289.jpg.28708207feb53603cd31ced18744f95e.jpg

I also see the numbers on flickr, but that might just be because I posted them, I don't know.

nmb2877_n.png.ab24e04a3f21accb9213c1e2891de13e.png

But here's Vinny, U model nut, with his fuel tank.

DSC_5025.JPG.a9f5523bef64f5faac139cf7b9927165.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, other dog said:

That picture no. 5025 is U model nut by the way. Everybody remembers U model nut.

He bought a fuel tank at the flea market and he was riding on a golf cart holding the tank. His girlfriend was riding, I guess a friend was the wheel man, or it might have been the seller just hauling the tank for him. He was just a youngster when he was a regular on here, now he's a grown ass man. I talked to him for a few minutes.

Cool to see that picture #5025. It shows out the life goes on and also brings hopes the U-model has chances to be finished some day. Glad to learn Vinny was fine.